Y cable for two heads into one cabinet??

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by DetourMS, Aug 31, 2005.

  1. DetourMS

    DetourMS Guest

    I am trying to run one guitar through two heads simultaneously.
    Putting the guitar to the two heads is done. I need help with the cab. I have an old Marshall cab with a single input. Can I take the output of my Marshall head and the output of my modeling amp and connect them into this Y cable described below and then put the single input into the cab ???

    Y Cables - Effects send/receive "splitter" cable
    Stereo/Insert Y cable, Belden Wire, Switchcraft connectors
    Part Number YS301-1
    Male Stereo TRS 1/4" to two mono 1/4 connectors.
  2. Randy

    Randy Supporting Member

    Sep 9, 2002
    NO!!! You'll blow both heads in short order - probably the cabinet too.

    You need to rewire your cabinet to true stereo - add a speaker jack and hook a pair of 12's to each jack. I'd make sure the jacks were the plastic insulated type or were mounted on a non conductive plate to insure ground isolation too.
  3. VaughnC

    VaughnC Supporting Member

    Jan 4, 2002
    Unless you like to see smoke coming from your amps, DO NOT attempt this :eek: .
  4. DetourMS

    DetourMS Guest

    THANK YOU !!!.

    I guess I will rewire my cabinet and deal with two speakers
    for each head.
  5. DetourMS

    DetourMS Guest

    Good head's up on the non conductive plate. My les paul is "hot" enough. I don't need the bridge electrocuting me.
  6. narapo

    narapo Member

    Sep 4, 2005
    I think what you need is a Radial Headbone

    wich offers secure and silent switching with load resistor to protect your amp heads.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice