Y current doubler cables

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nion, May 24, 2011.

1. nion

nion Member

Hi folks.

I'm a happy pp2+ user but I got a new pedal and it seems hungry, so I was thinking of combining one of the high current outlets (5 or 6) with one of the 100mA outlets, to get 350mA and feed my new toy.

I've been reading and doing some research and found opposite opinions about this, some say it's wrong to use those cables because the outlets would "cancel each other out"? and stuff like that...

I also read the contrary, so I'm a bit confused.

I found these two possible solutions, could you let me know if this would work?

http://webshop.burkey.nl/burkey_web...?__stateless=EC11EDBA2894C19483012247447064B5

http://www.thomann.de/gb/t_rex_dc_current_doubler_50cm.htm

thanks a lot :)

2. udi9

udi9 Member

The current doubler cable works just fine.

from the PP2+ manual:

3. nion

nion Member

thanks for your help. I guess that if the pedal runs on 9volts DC, the switches must be set to NORMAL, right? it's not the timefactor.

could I use it using two different power slots? say one high current and the other one 100mA? or it has to be using the same type of power output? thanks!

4. udi9

udi9 Member

I'm pretty sure it'll work on any output combination.
    to be on the safe side, the best thing to do is ask Voodoo Lab's tech support. they have great customer service and they answer really quick.
    info@voodoolab.com

5. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

Yes, keep both dip switches to normal.

And yes, you can mix and match different outlets. The parallel wired Y-cables will add together the total current available from the outlets, regardless of whether it's a normal outlet or the high current outlet. :)

6. nion

nion Member

that's great to know guys, thanks so much for your help. I'm gonna email Voodoo Lab just to double check.

cheers

7. xcc

xcc Member

Old thread revived. I have the same question, but my PSU is a Truetone CS12. Can I use the current doubler adapter to combine a 250mAh and a 100mAh jack? I'm trying to power a Timeline which states a need for 300 minimum.

8. Chadley

Chadley Supporting Member

I just recently built my own capacity doubler cable to power a Kingsley pedal. I combined a 9v 300ma outlet on my Voodoo Lab ISO 5 with a 9v 100ma output to give my 9v 400ma. It works great.

This schematic was helpful:

[​IMG]