1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Ya know, this Catalinbread stuff looks pretty good

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Phil M, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Phil M

Phil M Member

I guess I've heard of them on the periphery around here, but I checked the site today. What a lot of cool looking pedals! Add in a delay and a wah and you've got a full rig.

What exactly is that VariOboost and why doesn't he sell it anymore? I'm wondering if it's a clean boost or a dirty boost.

Also, I'm specifically looking at the Semaphore trem. For one band I need vintage trem and for another I need chop chop.

2. Stoney Stomp

Stoney Stomp Member

I can only speak about the quality of the SCOD.. and it's a really well made/designed pedal. I've heard nothing but good things about the Super Chili and the Semaphore.
    The VariOboost was a boost circuit and variable eq/notch filter.

And the builder, Nic, has been great everytime i've spoken with him

3. clothwiring

clothwiring Member

I own a SCP and it's a great pedal, straight ahead transparent boost.

4. Brick

Brick Member

They not only look good they sound good too :D

I have a SCOD, SPP and just sold a Vari-0-boost about a month ago.

To me the SCOD sounds like no other pedal. I run it with the gain around 11 and use it as my heavier od and stacked with my COT50 I get sustained leads for days. With the gain maxed I get a stoopid grin on my face for hours.

• •

5. b_rad

b_rad Member

Catalinbread makes fantastic pedals. The Semaphore is one of the sexiest pedals in existance. :)

6. Phil M

Phil M Member

How would it match up with a Huckleberry. :)

7. Stoney Stomp

Stoney Stomp Member

Oh yeah, I didnt mention.. the SCOD > Timmy.. is just about my favorite thing going right now. The SCOD gain into the the Timmy's EQ with a little boost is just an unbelievable tone for me :)

8. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I own the SCP and SPP, and I owned a semaphore in the past.

The SCP is probably one of my favorite pedals ever. I love everything it does. I currently use a stripped down rig of a modded SD-1 and SPP, and the SPP is great for really cutting through the mix.

The semaphore was an extremely versatile tremolo. With it's blend and volume knobs, it was very easy to dial in, and that pulsating light was really cool as well for setting the rate without playing a note. Great sound and, like all C-Bread pedals, added no noise whatsoever

9. Phineas

Phineas Member

I have the SCOD which nails the stoner tone in a pedal. sounds like the color of it's paintjob. combined with a boss parametric eq i'm getting heavy od tones that i never imagined out of a pedal. I've since then got killer heavy od in an orange rv100 so i'll be letting go of this very soon. If anyone's interested it pm me.