Y’all GOTTA check this song out! Blow - Ed Sheeran, Chris Stapleton, Bruno mars

jrjones

Supporting Member
Y’all. Holy ****. Would never have expected anything like it from any of them. And they all bring their own unique personality and flare to a high octane modern riff rock song.

jrjones

Supporting Member
No problem! Great song...band I'm in learned it. Too bad it wasn't a hit..hard to believe it didn't hit!
That’s disappointing! I’ve been looking at putting it on the setlist. I was hoping telling everybody about the star power behind it would get a big reaction.

xcycle

Girls over dubbed by guys?
As if they need a man to help them rock out...not cool right now heh
Eric

Turbo Gerbil

Cool song, misguided video. Plenty of hard rocking women these days, this video seems a bit demeaning to them.

Let's get Emily and Siouxsie from Dead Sara, Lazy Hale, Taylor Momsen, and L7 together and have them perform that for real. Except they'd probably refuse to sing those lyrics.

Last edited:

2HBStrat

That’s disappointing! I’ve been looking at putting it on the setlist. I was hoping telling everybody about the star power behind it would get a big reaction.
Everyone that I've played the song loves it, but I'm thinking that the general public won't know it because it only got to #60 on the charts. We learned "Blues Hand me Down" by Vintage Trouble thinking it was a great song...it was...and that it would kill...it didn't...so we dropped it. We learned "Blow" and we're going to play it so we'll see if it works.

The most potentially depressing thing about the song is that, if three powerhouses like Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars and Chris Stapleton can't take a great ROCK song like this and make it a hit then guitar rock is definitely out as far as the Top 40 charts are concerned...

Turbo Gerbil

Everyone that I've played the song loves it, but I'm thinking that the general public won't know it because it only got to #60 on the charts. We learned "Blues Hand me Down" by Vintage Trouble thinking it was a great song...it was...and that it would kill...it didn't...so we dropped it. We learned "Blow" and we're going to play it so we'll see if it works.

The most potentially depressing thing about the song is that, if three powerhouses like Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars and Chris Stapleton can't take a great ROCK song like this and make it a hit then guitar rock is definitely out as far as the Top 40 charts are concerned...
Top 40 radio isn't going to play it, so it won't hit. They basically want everything sounding similar.

stevel

Yeah, I heard it - surprisingly, on my "rock" radio station. Actually wasn't very impressed with it. It's got "neat" value, but other than that, not much going on. I did say immediately that if it hits, it would be a great song to pick up for a "rock" band because of the confluence of elements, but beyond that, it's not something I would add to my collection. And haven't heard it again since.

D4V3?

Listening for the first time..... Cool song, but it follows a generic hard rock template/song structure/vocal arrangement. Feels more like a deep cut than a hit single.

Knowing it's a Sheeran/Mars/Stapleton collaboration makes me wonder if it isn't a corporate proof-of-concept experiment to test the water for commercial potential.

jhumber

Interesting to look at the recording credits for this on Wikipedia...Bruno Mars produced the track and played guitar, Moog and drums. The only instrument not played by him is the bass part. Nice work, Mr. Mars.

jrjones

Supporting Member
Interesting to look at the recording credits for this on Wikipedia...Bruno Mars produced the track and played guitar, Moog and drums. The only instrument not played by him is the bass part. Nice work, Mr. Mars.
Bruno is super talented. His voice is out of this world. It’s not fair he’s so good at all the other stuff too.

rwmct

What don't you get?
Well, I am not feeling the song. But apart from that, the video is bizarre. I have no idea what these women pretending to play and sing are in the video for. If this is Stapleton, et al. where the heck are they? They should be the one's seen performing the song.