• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Yamaha Magicstomp Sound Editor help needed

NB_Terry

I just got a used Magicstomp and today was hooking it up to my computer via USB.

I've loaded the cd into my computer, but the computer doesn't communicate at all with the Stomp pedal.

When I go into SETUP in soundeditor the MIDI Out Port only gives me two options "NONE" or "Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth".

There is no YAMAHA USB option.

Could this be the problem? How do I solve it?

I've sent an email to John Dale to see if he can help.

Thanks

Tibbonds

I couldn't ever get the thing to work with my computer either. It had some great sounds in it, but it was such a pain in the ass to use that I eventually sold it (with a downloaded copy of 'echoes from the past' burned to a CD) for £240 in the end, back when £240 was about $450 USD :D

John Thigpen

Silver Supporting Member
I went through this a few months ago, and although I don't remember the details, I remember needing to load Yamaha's MidRadio Player also in order to get it to work. The interface seems to use that program.

John

Trending Topics