Yamaha N12 opinions

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by 62Tele, Oct 14, 2008.

1. 62Tele

62Tele Supporting Member

This board was recommended to me for a straight up rig into my Mac that can be used as a live board as well. Any experience with one of these?

2. progrockbass

progrockbass Member

I bought the N12 for precisely the same reasons and have yet to be disappointed. I have it hooked up to my MacBook Pro and use it for rehearsals with my band. One of the great things about it is the ability to run multiple monitor systems. I have powered reference monitors for recording and powered PA speakers on stands for rehearsal hit a button and switches. The Cubase AI that comes with the mixer runs beautifully on the Mac but make sure you download all the upgrades and if the VST plugin disc isn't in the box (mine wasn't) call Yamaha and they will send it and a tutorial DVD to you. Being able to fly Cubase from the mixer is great and then sending the tracks back to the board to mix is awesome. Great mic preamps and the compressor is very useful. Can't recommend it enough as I'm not the biggest computer whiz but I was up and recording in no time. It can be as easy or complex as you want it to be.

3. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

this is also what i've heard about it. There are some yamaha demos of its capabilities on youtube. Seems like an awesome piece of recording gear for the cash. I've yet to be let down by anything that's come from yamaha. There will probably be an n8 or n12 in my future.