Yamaha pacifica tele??

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Brooks, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Brooks

Brooks Member

theres one local on CL, i'm not a tele guy but my pal out of town is, and wants me to investigate. i do know some of the higher end pacificas are nice guitars. anyone have any experience w/ these? what do they go for new? thanx

here's the ad;
    http://greensboro.craigslist.org/msg/2796782131.html

2. gillman royce

gillman royce Member

Other than the Mike Stern, they are no longer made.Pacifica 102,302,402 KILLER guitars - I own two, a 102 and 302. The 102 is very basic, entry level while the 302 is more ornate. All 3 models are alder, rosewood maple neck, 13.75 radius - same pups and hardware. The 402 has a quilted top. All 3 string though the body. The stock pups are pretty good, alnico A5 but individual taste being what it is - makes a great guitar to upgrade. Prices are a bit down at the moment and I've seen the 302 go for around $300. New pups - pots if you want - and you've got an axe that beats ANYTHING Fender has out there. No builder issues

3. Brooks

Brooks Member

thanx buddy!

4. bluesmann8

bluesmann8 Senior Member

they still make a killer strat.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/solid-body-electric-guitars/yamaha
    I played a black 112 for a good while, cost me 200 bucks. The front single coil was sweet sounding with harmonics all over the place. It had a good hendrix studio version red house tone in it. you still had to look through them 10 years ago to find a good one with level frets. I'd bet they're even better today. Now 359. for a maple top? i'd try one for a beater guitar. did i see duncan pickups?

5. Drak

Drak Supporting Member

I had a Pacifica Strat many years ago, probably ~15, it was a very nice guitar, great comfortable neck, no issues, I enjoyed it for what it was and had no complaints with it.