1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Yamaha pacifica tele??

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Brooks, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Brooks

Brooks Member

theres one local on CL, i'm not a tele guy but my pal out of town is, and wants me to investigate. i do know some of the higher end pacificas are nice guitars. anyone have any experience w/ these? what do they go for new? thanx

here's the ad;
    http://greensboro.craigslist.org/msg/2796782131.html

2. gillman royce

gillman royce Member

Other than the Mike Stern, they are no longer made.Pacifica 102,302,402 KILLER guitars - I own two, a 102 and 302. The 102 is very basic, entry level while the 302 is more ornate. All 3 models are alder, rosewood maple neck, 13.75 radius - same pups and hardware. The 402 has a quilted top. All 3 string though the body. The stock pups are pretty good, alnico A5 but individual taste being what it is - makes a great guitar to upgrade. Prices are a bit down at the moment and I've seen the 302 go for around $300. New pups - pots if you want - and you've got an axe that beats ANYTHING Fender has out there. No builder issues

3. Brooks

Brooks Member

thanx buddy!

4. bluesmann8

bluesmann8 Senior Member

they still make a killer strat.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/solid-body-electric-guitars/yamaha
    I played a black 112 for a good while, cost me 200 bucks. The front single coil was sweet sounding with harmonics all over the place. It had a good hendrix studio version red house tone in it. you still had to look through them 10 years ago to find a good one with level frets. I'd bet they're even better today. Now 359. for a maple top? i'd try one for a beater guitar. did i see duncan pickups?

5. Drak

Drak Supporting Member

I had a Pacifica Strat many years ago, probably ~15, it was a very nice guitar, great comfortable neck, no issues, I enjoyed it for what it was and had no complaints with it.