Yamaha Silent Nylon

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by Paul Conway, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Paul Conway

Paul Conway Member

Anyone used/owned one of these? Good for performance ?

Cheers

2. branbolio

branbolio Member

i had one, very light and portable, good for silent practice...plays well, sounds like not so well unless you eq and reverb it out. IMO better w/ fx.

3. pedalcr8z

pedalcr8z Member

I owned one........nicely made, nice neck sounded good but then I asked myself why I really wanted a silent classical as opposed to a real one!

4. mykljpao

mykljpao Member

I own one. Great travel guitar; compact and ultralight - you probably wouldn't wake someone sleeping 3' away, lol. Sounds quite good with headphones using the onboard electronics. I've used it on a few gigs playing standards and light jazz stuff. Although no one would compare it to the real thing, through an acoustic amp or decent pa it gets the job done with absolutely no feedback concerns. A little judicious eq and verb and it sounds fine. Comfortable neck. Primarily an electric player, I had the action lowered and it plays beatifully. Very cool design/look and although others complain about the upper frame, I find it perfectly comfortable to play.

5. Paul Conway

Paul Conway Member

Thanks guys. This has been really useful.

6. Irreverent

Irreverent Silver Supporting Member

I have the SLG 100S, the STEEL string version, and I flat flippin' love it! Excellent playability, quality construction, and sounds quite good plugged-in. Haven't played a SLG 100N, though.