Yamaha soliciting requests for future products

jonthomas83

Not quite what they're asking for, but I'd very much like a top notch, high end AES 500...it was my first guitar.

IRG

Someone mentioned in the recent DL4 thread, that Yamaha owns Line6, is this true, and if so for how long? An updated DL4 seems like it's very much in need, even though it's a classic pedal, it's definitely outdated today.

slap_back05

Someone mentioned in the recent DL4 thread, that Yamaha owns Line6, is this true, and if so for how long? An updated DL4 seems like it's very much in need, even though it's a classic pedal, it's definitely outdated today.
Agreed. They really need to update the Line 6 stuff that got wide use (DL4, MM4, M-series, Echo Park, Verbzilla, etc). Maybe add a RV4 (reverb).

And build them to last.

PFCG

We always look for customer feedback, we do evaluations quite often!

Just stay tuned, we are working on cool new stuff all the time!

And yes, Yamaha owns Line-6. They are also have some killer stuff coming down the pipe. I can't say what or when, but i don't think anyone would be disappointed.

We always look for customer feedback, we do evaluations quite often!

Just stay tuned, we are working on cool new stuff all the time!

And yes, Yamaha owns Line-6. They are also have some killer stuff coming down the pipe. I can't say what or when, but i don't think anyone would be disappointed.
Oh, cool, didn't know you guys monitor TGP.

So yeah... UD Stomp.. :roll

celticelk

I'll add a vote for a UD-Stomp reissue. Also, some non-superstrat 7-strings. My main electric for years was a 311MS, and now that I'm playing 7s full-time, I'd love to have a Yamaha in the stable again.

EDIT: An AES507, maybe? I'd hit that in a hot second.

paulydangerous

Silver Supporting Member
A revamped DG Stomp. I used one years ago at our rehearsal space right into the P.A.. It needed more clean headroom but other than that, it really did the job.

PFCG

Oh, cool, didn't know you guys monitor TGP.

So yeah... UD Stomp.. :roll

No one monitors TGP, I have been a member here for many years, and I occasionally post. When I see Yamaha stuff, sometimes I chime in if I feel I can contribute. I am just the guitar designer/luthier at our custom shop, I don't have sway over pedals and such. I work with our artists and make all of their personal instruments, as well as prototypes for upcoming products we have planned.

I know that some Yamaha engineers have been working hard with Line-6, but I can't say what about.

I'm glad people are wanting more Yamaha guitars though!

Also, remember that the link is for keyboards, which is a very separate department/division from guitars.

goldtone

It eould be great if Yamaha started importing good medium/high end Yamaha guitars to the U.S. again. Come up with high-end Pacifica models that have the a single coil, humbucker and P90 option. Also, higher end SG and semi-hollow reissues.

Trending Topics