YAMAHA THR-II

sidk47

I just finished reading the manual. If I connect the line outs to my powered monitor speakers, will I be able to get sound from my monitors? Will this defeat the sound from the THR30II?

intrinsic153

I'm really hoping Yamaha/their dealers will sell these with G10 bundled. Personally I find it quite a shame that they didn't simply include a white, Yamaha-branded G10 or some sort just to complete the package, which will destroy Katana Air easily.

Jaguar

!!! NICE !!!
THR 30 is very interesting with Line Out and More Watts(!). Requested here on TGP by many. I still love my (old) thr 10, thr10C and thr5 :- ) .. thinking about expanding the family now..

Yammi is smashing the ball out of the park with the THR series. A friend of mine has the THR100 HD... great as well!! LOVE IT!!

Seems they have classic, modern and BTQ mode in one. That's great (so no thr c or x anymore) all sounds in 1. Wireless ... not bad!

Last edited:

sidk47

I'm really looking forward to these amps. I'm a total fan boy now. I'm sure they'll be amazing. Although I haven't tried it. I'm really craving for it and don't know how to stop the craving. I really need to buy one. It's gonna make me so happy and my life so exciting. If I connect the line outs to my powered monitor speakers, will I be able to get sound from my monitors? Will this defeat the sound from the THR30II?

Emigre

Best thing yet -- the full 15 models can be accessed in 3 banks from the front panel. No need for the mobile editor except to set compressor and noise gate.

And my favourite feature, guitar and aux in master volume controls, has been retained :)

sidk47

Somebody please reply. If I connect the line outs to my powered monitor speakers, will I be able to get sound from my monitors? Will this defeat the sound from the THR30II?

Emigre

If I connect the line outs to my powered monitor speakers, will I be able to get sound from my monitors?
Yes that's the point of the line out.

Will this defeat the sound from the THR30II?
The convention of line outs is that it doesn't defeat the internal speakers. The manual is not definitive on this point, but 2 observations:
* the schematic puts the line out circuit on a separate path from speakers/headphones;
* in troubleshooting no sound, the manual instructs that nothing is connected to headphones, but does not mention line out.

Based on this my assumption would be that line out does not in fact defeat the internal speaker.

Hope this helps!

sidk47

Thank you so much Mr. Emigre. I really love this amp more and more by the second. I'm definitely going to get this amp. The 500$ price tag is a little off putting but I'm sure it will be worth every cent. Time to save up!

Corvid

Holy crap! Look at Yamaha, not abandoning a stunningly succesful, (r)evolutionary product line! Given the company's track record, and the acquisition of Line 6, I'd just assumed the THR line was finished.

Looking at the features, it looks to me like Yamaha really listened to users and looked at the market to provide a real update to the THR line instead of something very incremental like a lot of companies. I especially like the fact you can use a darn foot switch (the lack therof on the THR 10 being a major reason why I ultimately removed it from my list of candidates when I was looking for my first real amp beyond the piece of garbage I got virtually for free with my first guitar)! But with all these features, I'm mildly worried about the potential price. Too high and it will be difficult for Yamaha to compete in a market that is much more crowded than when the original THR was released.

Corvid

Doesn’t look like you can???
Yeah, looking at the product page, I'm not seeing anything that could be used as a port for any kind of footswitch, but right near the top of the page it says:

"All THR-II models feature Bluetooth connectivity for audio playback, the “THR Remote” mobile editor app, and third-party footswitch support."

Maybe the photos are renderings? Or maybe the above is old copy including a feature they meant to implement? :dunno

Edit: Just checked the Japanese product page (which I would consider definitive since, you know, it's a Japanese company) - no mention of footswitches. Darn. I really think that's a feature they should have included. Weird how it's mentioned on the page OP linked.

Last edited:

Trending Topics