• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

YAMAHA THR-II

Jon Hew

So I wiped my HUAWEI MATE 20 clean to factory settings. I installed THR REMOTE, some mp3 player. I connected bluetooth audio, and bluetooth midi (LE_THRII). I started playing mp3 over bluetooth, and played around in THR Remote app. After few whiles the sound disappeared. The player was still playing (not paused), the bluetooth audio connection was still active. Yamaha THR30II had still bluetooth on.

Bummer, I thought.

I called a friend, to come with his phone (new Google Pixel). We checked his phone (bluetooth audio and bluetooth midi connected). And audio over bluetooth from his phone was dropping from time to time (with my phone audio stopped being streamed with player still playing and connection still active).

So I'm returning it, I thought.

I took my laptop and connected it to THR30II bluetooth audio, while my phone was connected to bluetooth midi. And I launched backing track from YouTube.

Now zero drops. Music just played.

I disconnected laptop from bluetooth audio and my phone from bluetooth midi.

My friend then connected some recent Motorola smartphone and it worked! (BT music and BT midi)

Then my friend unpaired and paired again Yamaha THR30II to his Google Pixel (which had audio drops earlier).

And what? Yes - now it played back audio through bluetooth and the remote app was working fine.

So he disconnected his phone and I connected mine.

And what? Yes - now my phone plays mp3 over bluetooth, while connected to bluetooth midi for remote app and now it is working FINE.

I will check it tomorrow morning. If it still works, it stays with me.

I have no idea what happened, but it works. Looks like laptop's bluetooth unblocked Yamaha's bluetooth pipe or what...

@ejohnson76
@Jon Hew
@jdag
LOL some odd **** there but yay I hope it works

Lachra

How does one adjust the cable tone on the G10TII/THR30II?

I read that it can do it, I just don't know how to adjust it.

Jon Hew

How does one adjust the cable tone on the G10TII/THR30II?

I read that it can do it, I just don't know how to adjust it.
damnit, there's a g10tii ?? LOL looks like GAS is coming

Apparently cable tone is always turned on for G10T and emulates 10' cable.

JELIFISH19

How do these respond to pedals? I'm thinking about getting one but I use pedals. I'm not a clean pedal platform amp guy. I'm a "hit a cranked amp with a boost or fuzz or combination of the two" kind of guy. Do these respond properly to pushing the front end? I'm thinking about getting one. It seems really handy with the AUX in, having speakers, and being able to be used as a recording interface. It would be perfect for me as long as it handles boosts and fuzz well.

pc131

How do these respond to pedals? I'm thinking about getting one but I use pedals. I'm not a clean pedal platform amp guy. I'm a "hit a cranked amp with a boost or fuzz or combination of the two" kind of guy. Do these respond properly to pushing the front end? I'm thinking about getting one. It seems really handy with the AUX in, having speakers, and being able to be used as a recording interface. It would be perfect for me as long as it handles boosts and fuzz well.
I remember from previous posts, that it takes pedal really well. But it sounds very good on its own as well.

Found that with google search "the gearpage yamaha thrii30 takes pedals" https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/yamaha-thr-ii-with-pedals.2163098/

gtar_person

Silver Supporting Member
Have any of you played the 10 and 30 side by side? What made you choose one over the other (ignoring price)?

I like the additional buttons and outputs on the 30 but not sure I want to carry something bigger/heavier to accommodate them.

Thinking of getting one of these as something that’s more plug and play than my helix for practicing and playing at home.

Jon Hew

Have any of you played the 10 and 30 side by side? What made you choose one over the other (ignoring price)?

I like the additional buttons and outputs on the 30 but not sure I want to carry something bigger/heavier to accommodate them.

Thinking of getting one of these as something that’s more plug and play than my helix for practicing and playing at home.
I tested both 10 and 30 before i bought it - didn't actually considered the 10.

The line outs are quite essential if you wanna connect it to PA's, speakers etc, recording - that alone is a good plus point. The toggle for Modern/Boutique/Classic (easier to dial in tones you want) and battery is also a strong plus point. However for fine tuning your tune - you'll still need to use the THR Editor.

gtar_person

Silver Supporting Member
I tested both 10 and 30 before i bought it - didn't actually considered the 10.

The line outs are quite essential if you wanna connect it to PA's, speakers etc, recording - that alone is a good plus point. The toggle for Modern/Boutique/Classic (easier to dial in tones you want) and battery is also a strong plus point. However for fine tuning your tune - you'll still need to use the THR Editor.
Thanks. I’ve had an opportunity to play both recently and have been leaning towards the 10.

The size difference is small but the 10 feels more portable. Haven’t noticed much of a difference in the sound between both models

wanoship

Hello everybody, I am hesitating between the 10W and 30W and for a battery use, my understanding is that both are at 15W, for those who tested both, is there a difference in terms of volume due to the size of speakers or in terms of battery life due to the smaller size ? On the Yamaha website both are rated at 5 hours.

Tropf

Hi guys I just wanted to share my experience with the use of an dedicated headphone amp.

I wrote earlier in this thread that my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro (80 Ohms) sounds pretty awful through the headphone out of the THR-II 30.

So I ordered a dedicated headphone amp (Shiit Magni Heresy) to see if it helps in that regard. And what can I say - it is night and day.... The THR-II 30 + Shiit + DT770 sounds amazing through the line out of the THR-II 30.

One thing I don’t understand though and maybe @ejohnson76 can shed some light on this: The line out + the Headphone amp sounds amazing but the dedicated headphone out + headphone amp sounds pretty bad, there is a lot of distortion especially when you dial up the volume (guitar) button. It is more or less the same as if you would plug the headphones directly in.

Any idea why that is?

Trending Topics