Yamaha thr10 Fx Loop

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by xervinx, Apr 29, 2015.

1. xervinx

xervinx Member

I found cable and want to add zoom ms70 for fx loop or analogue pedals.But I dont know pedals or zoom have enough power to run speakers.Do I need extra amp for this?

2. slugworth

slugworth Supporting Member

Your THR10 does not have an FX loop. Yes, you need a different amp.

3. xervinx

xervinx Member

Im gonna make it.I can make jacks for loop but final sound to speaker comes from pedals.İts like i plug speakers to ms70 is it give me sound or am i need something for power?

4. randombastage

randombastage Member

You need to know what impedance and power requirements the THR expects at the two points you intend to install a jack and then make sure what you put in that 'loop' between those two points meets those requirements. If not then you can burn up the THR's circuits and/or the effects box as well as not get the results you are hoping for.

I don't know what the THR wants at those two points but I think it won't be what an effects box presents....

5. xervinx

xervinx Member

3 years later I finally did it :) Now I can get a good stereo loop pedal.Don't want to recreate fx board because aux or usb audio also get effected with that way.I will use it for looper only,sad part is headphone socket doesn't work with it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. jaded_musician

jaded_musician Supporting Member

Love it!

Now Yamaha needs to release this model.

xervinx likes this.
  7. ipm

ipm Supporting Member

It would be great if Yamaha creates models with just poweramps, no preamp modeling. Than it could be used with external tube preamps.

8. mobius

mobius Member

OP, I salute your perseverance! Esp as you must have realised, no you could not just run the speakers off the pedals, you'd have to intercept he signal just befor the poweramp.

And yes Yamaha needs to release this, or at least a model win integrated looper. How come that's not a standard feature in practice amps? :)

Sascha Franck and xervinx like this.
  9. CanuckChris

CanuckChris Supporting Member

Because they have the aux in for playing along with songs ;)

I have the THR10X. While a great little practice amp, it does have its shortcomings like the lack of the looper, and lack of a footswitch option for the presets (yes, I know there's aftermarket ones, but pricey for what they do!).

10. xervinx

xervinx Member

Looper is must for who don't like to use computer like me.I found that jamman xt solo can be a good with beaybuddy into loop.And maybe I can get good synth-bass setup into aux in :)

11. mobius

mobius Member

Yes true, playing along with songs is good practice but so is kicking in a loop. Instead of just noodling, you can instantly kick in a progression to solo over; practice licks; and so on. There isn't always a backing track at hand, when you can just make up a progression and loop it. And it's much better workflow than having to create a backing track in GarageBand or something like it.

For me the looper is just as invaluable, even more so than the aux, as I can always buy a little Bluetooth speaker for songs. But I have to have an fx loop for a looper. Or better, a built in looper.

Been a bugbear of mine for ages, needed to vent. Grrrr :p

12. CanuckChris

CanuckChris Supporting Member

Oh I'm totally with you, hence the winky face. I have a ditto in front of mine. Problem as you know is that it's in front of the effects, so of course switching to different settings switches the entire sound of the loop you create. Built in loopers seem to be a premium feature not found on the smaller practice amps.

mobius likes this.
  13. Sascha Franck

Sascha Franck Member

100% with you folks. Loopers should be a standard feature on practice amps, they're invaluable.