Yamaha THR10c incoming....

Flotsam

Can't believe I haven't checked these out earlier.
Hopefully it's the perfect low volume amp solution for me. My tube amps with attenuators, VVR etc. never really inspired, and I find I tend to play unplugged around the house instead.

gearscrubs

I suspect you'll love it. Mine gets a ton of use, especially late at night. It sounds great at low volume, and through headphones when needed.

guitarman3001

Awesome. I have one sitting right here on my desk next to me. It gets about 95% of my home playing. Best desktop practice amp on the market right now, imo.

dohmar

I had the THR10X - awesome little thing for the price and size. Sounds bigger than you'd expect and the on board effects aren't too shabby. I only flipped mine to fund another amp purchase. You'll love it

-D

slybird

I have some questions.

I just noticed there a three THR10 models, the V.2, X and C. It looks like the X model is aimed for higher gain, C is rootsier amp emulation, and the V2 provides more all-around functionality. Does that about sum it up? If not what are the main differences between the models? Lastly, do these THR amps let you hook up external speakers? It doesn't look like they do.

Astronaut FX

Silver Supporting Member
I have some questions.

I just noticed there a three THR10 models, the V.2, X and C. It looks like the X model is aimed for higher gain, C is rootsier amp emulation, and the V2 provides more all-around functionality. Does that about sum it up? If not what are the main differences between the models? Lastly, do these THR amps let you hook up external speakers? It doesn't look like they do.

You have the differences described accurately. No extension speaker. But it does have an AUX in for an iPod, phone, etc.

dohmar

C is for clean amp models with a couple of overdrive modes.
X is high gain with a couple of clean modes
v2 is in the middle - v2 is the 2nd gen of the standard THR10, upgraded sounds apparently

-D

PremiumPlus

Congrats on the new amp, I hope you really dig it! I wanted to love the Yammi but I couldn't bond with it. I ended up with a Blackstar Fly and it's great for me. Onboard echo is just enough to make it sound big, and I loaded mine with 6 AA NiMH rechargeables. Works great.

Flotsam

Small tube combos, rootsy, vintage tube sounds, clean to lo/medium gain is definitely what i'm after.
I wish one of the amp models was based on a 5E3 Deluxe though. Has anyone tweaked any of the amp models with the editor to get close to 50's Fender tones?
I'm sure there are plenty of great sounds in there. Great that you can swap speaker cab emulations too.

Gnarlly

Cool! I use my THR5 more than any other amp at home these days. Compact, portable, runs on batteries, and sounds great!

gearscrubs

Small tube combos, rootsy, vintage tube sounds, clean to lo/medium gain is definitely what i'm after.
I wish one of the amp models was based on a 5E3 Deluxe though. Has anyone tweaked any of the amp models with the editor to get close to 50's Fender tones?
I'm sure there are plenty of great sounds in there. Great that you can swap speaker cab emulations too.

I haven't tried, but there are some websites out there with user patches you can download. I would think the US Blues (Blues Jr) model might be a good starting point, as it has the most pronounced mids.

myke232

I got sick of mine and sold it... the 3 inch speakers don't cut it... I did have fun with it for a little while though...

Flotsam

Well.... it certainly lived up to expectations. What an amazing little amp! Very happy with it.

Having trouble getting the editor to work though. Have Cubase and THR Editor software installed but my Mac isnt seeing the THR10c device. Think I may have to call customer support at Yamaha, I've pretty much tried everything.

frthib

protip: if you get bored with the sounds it has. you can use it as an interface for amplitube/guitar-rig or my personal fave.. S-Gear

I'm doing that too. I have 2 thr (X and classic), I use them as monitors. They sound great in stereo once the "extended stereo" is turned off. (it's doing delay tricks with mids and high I think who sound weird when using two thr)

Flotsam

Couldn't be more impressed with the THR10C.
My pedalboard sounds great through it too. I think that the drive from the amps themselves is even more convincing than the drive pedals I have.
Finally got the editor working.... turns out there's a Steinberg USB driver that also needs installing first.
I'm going to look into the Apps for Amps THR Editor for android, it would be great to have access to the editor away from the computer.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom