Yamaha Troy Van Leeuwen signiture?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Loobster, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Loobster

Loobster Member

Anyone have one? They seem to be a really cool guitar. I usually play teles but I wouldn't mind something with p90s and the bigsby is really cool. Some opinions would be great.

2. soulohio

soulohio Member

i tried to get a price on one at the guitar center...the boys have a hard time dealing with anything that ain't hanging on the wall...looks like a cool guitar...i would like to find one in a store and check it out...if it says yamaha that spells quality.

3. JStizz

JStizz Member

i know Steven Curtis Chapman's guitar player and uses one for his own studio stuff. he loves it and i trust his opinion. apparently the quality is top notch and it sounds better than most people expect. i have yet to play it though...

4. Loobster

Loobster Member

Yeah. My bass player uses a £300 yamaha bass and it sounds fantastic and has been all over Europe with us and always provides the goods. I don't think you can go wrong with their value and reliability. I also think that this guitar would be the perfect foil for my telecasters.

5. Loobster

Loobster Member

Cool. Who's Steven Curtis Chapman?

6. shadowbox

shadowbox Supporting Member

+1 My #1 guitar is a Yamaha "Strat" from the early 80s - absolutely fantastic. Super resonant and rings like a bell

7. pjwill

pjwill Silver Supporting Member

8. Loobster

Loobster Member

They go for like £800 in the UK. That's quite a bit cheaper. I'm thinking maybe black. How good are the pickups in it?