• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Yaron Bone H '54

AD

Platinum Supporting Member
I owned a few months back, a Yaron Bone and loved the guitar but wanted to go with P90’s. After discussing the specs with Yaron, I went with an ABR bridge style as opposed to my original idea of going with a wraparound. Yaron’s view is that esthetically, the wraparound looks great but he believes that the wraparound bridge sounds better in a heavier solid body guitar and not as good in a lighter package compared to an ABR fitted guitar.

I recently had a Gibson 1952 LP that sounded stellar that was under 8lbs and wanted to match some of that Gibson bliss. Yaron’s recommendation was to go with a Bone H model and the ABR-1.

I think this is the first Yaron with gold hardware. Gil was hesitant at first but then gave it a shot. Yaron did the gold hardware old school - gold plated nickel hardware just like they did way back. He is quite happy with the results (as am I).

I’ve had the guitar for a few weeks now and it is very consistent with my original Yaron Bone but with P90’s and lighter @ 7.5 lbs. Yaron’s neck carves are stellar, the guitar is well balanced and playability and tones are great. Very happy with this instrument. I did this clip with all the guitar parts coming from the Yaron Bone H.

View media item 238726
View media item 238727

jiml

Gold Supporting Member
Sweet!

No ebony fretboard though, was that an option? I'm not a fan of the overly smooth feel of ebony, so I understand the choice, but my "vintage tuned" eyes want to see ebony...

AD

Platinum Supporting Member
Sweet!

No ebony fretboard though, was that an option? I'm not a fan of the overly smooth feel of ebony, so I understand the choice, but my "vintage tuned" eyes want to see ebony...
I don't think ebony was an option.

rockabilly69

Silver Supporting Member
I love it, and with the rosewood fingerboards I normally see on these Yarons, who needs ebony!!! Congrats :)

Reactions: AD

Trending Topics