YEP. PRS MAKES THE BEST ELECTRIC GUITARS.

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member
Pulled out my 1990 CE24 today and was trying to see how metal I could get my Friedman BE-50 DLX. I was reminded again what a monster this guitar is. Always in tune. Never gets old playing it. I've owned it about 15 years now. Just a killer every time. Pardon the pentatonic, wanky, clammy playing.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Silver Supporting Member
Pulled out my 1990 CE24 today and was trying to see how metal I could get my Friedman BE-50 DLX. I was reminded again what a monster this guitar is. Always in tune. Never gets old playing it. I've owned it about 15 years now. Just a killer every time. Pardon the pentatonic, wanky, clammy playing.

Very nice and sounds huge, nice playing, love those Friedmans, I have the BE100 and it ain’t going anywhere. I bought a 1994 PRS Custom 24 and dig those. You have great taste bud.

beckstriad

Double Platinum Member
Very nice and sounds huge, nice playing, love those Friedmans, I have the BE100 and it ain’t going anywhere. I bought a 1994 PRS Custom 24 and dig those. You have great taste bud.

Thank you. I really need to grab a 4x12. That Friedman 2x12 with V30s sounds monstrous. Can't imagine what the 4x12 would sound like. People say the Friedman's are not "metal" amps, but, man, they sound like they can chug pretty good to my ear and definitely pull off metal leads. That was all straight in. Nothing to goose the front end at all.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Silver Supporting Member
Thank you. I really need to grab a 4x12. That Friedman 2x12 with V30s sounds monstrous. Can't imagine what the 4x12 would sound like. People say the Friedman's are not "metal" amps, but, man, they sound like they can chug pretty good to my ear and definitely pull off metal leads. That was all straight in. Nothing to goose the front end at all.
The BE100 4x12 cab is a monster, 2 V30s and 2 GBs, love that combination, only thing I hate about that cab is it has no casters, kills my back every time I move it, but way glorious tones.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
My buddy that picked up the pink Private Stock knocked out a tune the day after he picked it up. He said that I could share it here....I really enjoy the sounds coming out of that guitar for his style and think it's a great fit for him. Honestly, the best I've heard for what he plays. :)

S5F6MMZl.jpg

beckstriad

Double Platinum Member
My buddy that picked up the pink Private Stock knocked out a tune the day after he picked it up. He said that I could share it here....I really enjoy the sounds coming out of that guitar for his style and think it's a great fit for him. Honestly, the best I've heard for what he plays. :)

Man, that sounds great! Love his playing and tone.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Man, that sounds great! Love his playing and tone.

Thanks for listening...I'll let him know. I really like that tune. It's pure Fijian mahogany but what are ya gonna do? :D

He had basically forgotten about PRS until he played my DGT and he moved quite a few things to make that guitar happen. I don't think he'll ever regret it. He's already tracked a bunch with it and everything sounds killer.

beckstriad

Double Platinum Member
Thanks for listening...I'll let him know. I really like that tune. It's pure Fijian mahogany but what are ya gonna do? :D

He had basically forgotten about PRS until he played my DGT and he moved quite a few things to make that guitar happen. I don't think he'll ever regret it. He's already tracked a bunch with it and everything sounds killer.

Yeah, he definitely needs to keep playing that guitar. Sounds amazing. What amps does he use?

Reactions: Tag

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah, he definitely needs to keep playing that guitar. Sounds amazing. What amps does he use?

That was his Boogie Petrucci 2C+, but he also uses his Komet K19 a ton as well. He also has a Cornford of some sort for other gain tones.

He traded away his Komet Concorde in order to get the PRS. It wasn't an easy choice but I know he doesn't regret it. :)

DiPa

Constant GAS
Silver Supporting Member
That was his Boogie Petrucci 2C+, but he also uses his Komet K19 a ton as well. He also has a Cornford of some sort for other gain tones.

He traded away his Komet Concorde in order to get the PRS. It wasn't an easy choice but I know he doesn't regret it. :)
Great tone and playing by your buddy. Very cool gear.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Silver Supporting Member
I removed my PRS 58/15 LTD from Reverb, had it for sale as I was thinking to downsize the PRS stable, have 8, and I decided to plug it in today in my new amp, that was it, I instantly removed it from the sale site, I thought I was crazy to list it, beautiful feel and vibe, ebony board, killer top, love it, it stays. So glad I went back, this has happened to me before when I list something.

• Love

rykus

Gold Supporting Member
@Tag sorry to hear of your hand issues, I really enjoy your contributions to the amp threads and the effort you put in to spending 183 tones!

I only owned 1 PRS, a 98 or 00 CU22, it had a monster top and was beautifully built but I never bonded with the feel or tones at all.

I do share your reflections about weight and feel in guitars, and love the feel and response on sub 8lbs Les Paul's, and Strats and Teles under 7lbs. The way they feel in hand and the aggressive attack are my favorite characteristics in the guitars I tend to play, especially unplugged.

I do find some guitars I like are heavier and are a bit more subdued acoustically but are really great pickup platforms.

Hope you recover soon bud, and your 130 page discussion has inspired me to try a PRS again... I think a HBII is what I may prefer judging by your journey and comments against my own experience.

• Love

The bear

Cool stuff! Another 1990 CE24 owner here. Considering taking it in for a re fret(the frets are low after a fret level years ago and heavy play wear since)
oK7G7Um.jpg

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member

S5F6MMZl.jpg

Beautiful guitar and well done!!
:dude

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
The BE100 4x12 cab is a monster, 2 V30s and 2 GBs, love that combination, only thing I hate about that cab is it has no casters, kills my back every time I move it, but way glorious tones.

Hey Dipa!

I feel your pain. My Mesa cab is so heavy it defies logic. I had to bring it to Lous last year to test the Cobras and load it in the back of my truck which is a Ram 2500 with oversized rims and tires. I tried to lift it every which way and could not get it that high. I was in a rush, and got so pissed off, in one adrenaline induced heave I was finally able to do it. I was hurting for a week afterwards and thinking back, that could have been when I broke the vertebrae in my back!
:rotflmao

DiPa

Constant GAS
Silver Supporting Member
Hey Dipa!

I feel your pain. My Mesa cab is so heavy it defies logic. I had to bring it to Lous last year to test the Cobras and load it in the back of my truck which is a Ram 2500 with oversized rims and tires. I tried to lift it every which way and could not get it that high. I was in a rush, and got so pissed off, in one adrenaline induced heave I was finally able to do it. I was hurting for a week afterwards and thinking back, that could have been when I broke the vertebrae in my back!
:rotflmao
Hey @Tag
Did all your tests come out okay?
Hope you doing well brother, we love you man,

• Love

GT3

Unfortunately.. "Severe" Spinal stenosis. However, surgeon did NOT recommend surgery at this time.... and check this out...
He plays guitar and plays PRSs!! You can't make that up!!
:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Is the spinal stenosis the cause of your pain?

I saw one of my docs this morning. He plays a PRS too. I've yet to meet a lawyer or dentist who plays a PRS.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom