• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

YEP. PRS MAKES THE BEST ELECTRIC GUITARS.

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
index.php

Top left to right.
Willcutts anniversary Artisan Fender thinline Tele flamed Koa flat sawn neck.

PRS cU22 semihollow special

PRS Pomegranate Artist 3 Trem semihollow
Private stock braz neck and board

PRS HB594 Private Stock limited edition.

PRS HB II 10top

Second row: L to R.
Fender Custom shop 54 Tele Teos Turquoise flat sawn neck.

Fender American original Tele in Mary K blond LTD. 6.25 lbs. Flat sawn neck.

Gibson L5 Lee Rit.

Fender Willcutts anniversary Cshop Artisan Tamo Ash Telecaster. Flat sawn neck

PRS CU 22 semi hollow LTD

Fender Custom shop 51 Nocaster flamed flat sawn neck.

Bottom left. GUILD M65 hollow

Right.
Fender Eric Johnson thinline Strat.

Last edited:

Tag

You still have the EJ Thinline and L5 signature I see-nice! Is that guild aristocrat? A very fine collection! I guess the only thing that might be missing is a Les Paul style guitar and a 335 style? Get a PRS single cut and a Collings I-35 deluxe.

The R9 60th anniversary Murphy sold a few nights ago. No more LPS for me. I have wasted more money on R9s and 335s than any other guitar.
I honestly think the PRSs are far superior guitars.
I am looking into a Private stock Archtop again.
PRS glued in, Fender Bolt ons, and Gibson Archtops just work for me. I could definitely see ordering another Buscarino at some point, but I need to save the $$ and try to retire. I am seriously feeling old age setting in, and it really is awful.
The thing I never counted on was the lack of energy and motivation of youth. I had it until around 55. From 55 to 62 has been awful, but need to thank God everyday for my health. I have some friends who are going through health issues that are as bad as it gets. Do not want to go there.
Need more exercise, eat better, and try to play more for my mental health.

aiq

Silver Supporting Member
No more LPS for me.

Uh-oh.

Aging is a real thing, at fifty I was on top of the world. Great marriage, career at its high point, daughter grown and independent, happy with music things, enjoying the cultural advantages of living in a city. All good.

Crossing 60 was the change mark. Just more tired at work, less energy, AND people begin to treat you differently.

69 now, lucky to be in a decent retirement situation. A ”little” heart disease, a “ slightly“ fatty liver, but treating them.

Good luck with it all.

Tag

So you actually ended up getting a Special? I remember you asking me about mine a while back. What are your thoughts on it? Is that the same color as the HB2 or are they slightly different?

Yes, got one and love it! It's what led me to the HB purchase. It's charcoal cherry burst and the HB is Burnt maple leaf. It's a step up from the HB cosmetically actually as it's a wood library. Nice flamed mahogany neck, and the pups are the multitasking which sound amazing! Is that what yours has? I like the color and top on yours more.
What great guitars!
:beer

The bear

Yes, got one and love it! It's what led me to the HB purchase. It's charcoal cherry burst and the HB is Burnt maple leaf. It's a step up from the HB cosmetically actually as it's a wood library. Nice flamed mahogany neck, and the pups are the multitasking which sound amazing! Is that what yours has? I like the color and top on yours more.
What great guitars!
:beer
Mine is just a regular 10 top. No wood library. Very versatile guitar for sure.

Tachymetres

Gold Supporting Member
I'm curious about the tone from your thinline Tele. I've always admired Tab Benoit's tone from his Thinline plugged directly into a Category 5 amp. How does it compare to your PRS hollowbody?

Brek

Its a very nice looking guitar, and i say that as a long term Gibson player, but, your conclusion is flawed, as you have not used a big enough data set.

Likewise if I said 'gibson make the best guitars' based on my exceptional '58 Murphy lab aged les paul. I would not be correct, as its way way to small a sample set to draw that conclusion from.

Might I suggest you read up on academic research methods to prevent making incorrect conclusions in future.

telelion

You have many nice ones my friend. The new owner of the R9 must be very delighted because you are OCD enough to select only the best. I agree that PRS was more complex, versatile, not to mention ergonomics(a given), etc. but the LP excelled with it‘s righteous classic mid vibe, smoothness, and the chewiness that only a very good specimen can achieve. I’m not good at sonic descriptions but you do indeed know how to dial in a good tone(clean and OD) on your various PRS, Fender, and Gibson guitars whether is is an old Fender amp, Louis, or Quinn the Eskimo.

Reactions: Tag

Tag

You have many nice ones my friend. The new owner of the R9 must be very delighted because you are OCD enough to select only the best. I agree that PRS was more complex, versatile, not to mention ergonomics(a given), etc. but the LP excelled with it‘s righteous classic mid vibe, smoothness, and the chewiness that only a very good specimen can achieve. I’m not good at sonic descriptions but you do indeed know how to dial in a good tone(clean and OD) on your various PRS, Fender, and Gibson guitars whether is is an old Fender amp, Louis, or Quinn the Eskimo.

Lol!! R9s are phenomenal guitars. There is a reason I keep buying them. :) 2013 and up are exceptional.
Love Fenders, Gibsons, Guilds and many others too!! If I could only have one though.....
:banana

DerekMinnich

Silver Supporting Member
Rockabilly 69/ Daniel turned it into a street cred thread,
And then it just had a life of its own after that.

See rockabilly69's post # 364.

This is ground zero of the 1st street cred post.

I guess he made the assumption that I'd never played out on the road or on concert stages, or I didn't know any people in the business.

I never questioned his background, and I even complimented him when I found out who he was on youtube.

I apologize Tag for RB69/Daniel and I taking over your thread.

I did however defend PRS guitars, and I tried to explain why some guys don't like them.

I guess rockabilly69 didn't agree with my explanation.

Sorry Tag :(

This was was the most awkward and cringe series of posts in my 20 years on this site.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom