• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

YEP. PRS MAKES THE BEST ELECTRIC GUITARS.

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
They just don't have much soul,

HAHAHA!!!! The most ridiculous statement.

Here is a guy who says he does not like PRSs at Lous Electrics checking out a Cobra amp.(Dumble clone) You can see a Les Paul R8 with brazzy board and a Strat in the background. Why is he playing a PRS?? Because it SOUNDED better!!
No soul in that clip?? Let's hear you put up a clip with more soul.
:munch

Tube Guy

Gold Supporting Member
I'm curious about the tone from your thinline Tele. I've always admired Tab Benoit's tone from his Thinline plugged directly into a Category 5 amp. How does it compare to your PRS hollowbody?
As Tag said, quite different. To get Tab's tone (which he himself vastly prefers from his #1) you need to find the right combination of thinline and WRHB pickups. I've played a few originals, a new custom shop (not even close) and this latest one which I'd ordered five years ago. Standard tele pickups in a thinline tele are completely different, and hollow/ semi-hollow PRSs don't have those nasal biting upper mids that make Tab's guitar sound the way it does.

Here's a a little group shot from this morning:

jackson

Silver Supporting Member
Who cares about that? Time to move on and not be stuck in the past. Lets create some new music and new sounds.
't
I don't like most 'new' music (post 1995), so far, and I haven't really heard any new guitar sounds that I like better than the old sounds. Most guys playing PRS sound like they're playing les Pauls anyway. What does a PRS do , that fender or gibson doesn't do?

The bear

I'm curious about the tone from your thinline Tele. I've always admired Tab Benoit's tone from his Thinline plugged directly into a Category 5 amp. How does it compare to your PRS hollowbody?
Another PRS Hollowbody and thinline CS tele owner here. As tag mentioned later in the thread very different guitar. The thinline tele isn't the far from a solid body tele. The one I have is a bit more acoustic sounding and very resonant(and only 5.4lbs). At lower volumes(such as duo jazz gigs) you can hear the acousticness more, at louder volumes it would be hard to separate it from a regular tele. Maybe it's less bright if anything and more air around the notes, but it is still a tele. The PRS hollowbodies are its own thing, it is hard to compare it to anything else really.
Qptdzr1.jpg

tCB8Zbh.jpg

sh4rkbyt31

I picked up my first PRS about 3 years ago. It's a 245 SE but i have to admit the craftsmanship on it is excellent given it's retail price. My only complaint are the pickups (it's a 2017 model) which are kind of muddy but other than that it's one of the first guitars I've bought in several years I didn't feel as though I would have to rebuild all of the electronics.

Reactions: Tag

Tag

As Tag said, quite different. To get Tab's tone (which he himself vastly prefers from his #1) you need to find the right combination of thinline and WRHB pickups. I've played a few originals, a new custom shop (not even close) and this latest one which I'd ordered five years ago. Standard tele pickups in a thinline tele are completely different, and hollow/ semi-hollow PRSs don't have those nasal biting upper mids that make Tab's guitar sound the way it does.

Here's a a little group shot from this morning:

A HB594 LTD JUST LIKE MINE!!!
:beer :beer :beer

And what's on the left, PS Cu22 semi hollow trem??
Specs please...it's phenomenal!!!

Tag

't
I don't like most 'new' music (post 1995), so far, and I haven't really heard any new guitar sounds that I like better than the old sounds. Most guys playing PRS sound like they're playing les Pauls anyway. What does a PRS do , that fender or gibson doesn't do?

Which PRS??? Basically you get a hollowbody or semi hollow all solid carved wood guitar in the size of a LP, but with better woods, more choices of woods, choices of pups, better construction better balance, and better tones. For starters.
:banana :banana :banana

Tag

Another PRS Hollowbody and thinline CS tele owner here. As tag mentioned later in the thread very different guitar. The thinline tele isn't the far from a solid body tele. The one I have is a bit more acoustic sounding and very resonant(and only 5.4lbs). At lower volumes(such as duo jazz gigs) you can hear the acousticness more, at louder volumes it would be hard to separate it from a regular tele. Maybe it's less bright if anything and more air around the notes, but it is still a tele. The PRS hollowbodies are its own thing, it is hard to compare it to anything else really.
Qptdzr1.jpg

tCB8Zbh.jpg

Exactly the way I hear it. Acoustically and at lower volumes, there is this "woodiness" and midrange bark you do not get with a solid Tele.
I love thinline teles!!!

:beer

Tag

Beauty Tag, beautiful, gorgeous guitars.
I want a HB with 2 f holes, no piezo and would love to have Trem included if possible, that would be the trigger point

Dipa. A trem in an HB is going to kill the tones.
I thought about it as well, but the big block they would have to put in would basically make it semi hollow anyway. If you need a Trem, want a mostly hollow guitar, go PS and get one built like my Pomegranate. That's McCarty thickness, almost completely hollow ROUTED FROM THE BACK, then a back plate put on. You will not be disappointed.
The separate back makes it ring like a hollowbody, and the trem springs and routing add to it.
A dentest x-rayed one years ago and you could see how hollow it was. If you ever do decide to do it,
call me so they get it exactly right. Paul Miles is the only one who will definitely know. These guitars with that old style build should be offered again. When PRS himself played my guitar he heard the difference right away and was very impressed. That's when he asked when and why they stopped making them like that. No one seemed to know. I think it was under Joe Knaggs when the change was made, but it was NOT for the better tonally speaking. Still the best electric guitars I have ever played. I search constantly for an old one, but they never show up for sale. I previously owned 4 of them but sold them when I got my PS.

Tube Guy

Gold Supporting Member
Last edited:

Tag

:)
I just finally replaced my old couch, yeah that one has to go Tag.

Funny! There is a brand new one propped up in the corner of the room. Been there for several years.
The ugly one is so friggin comfortable I just can't make the switch!!!
:roll

jackson

Silver Supporting Member
Which PRS??? Basically you get a hollowbody or semi hollow all solid carved wood guitar in the size of a LP, but with better woods, more choices of woods, choices of pups, better construction better balance, and better tones. For starters.
:banana :banana :banana
Maybe so. For me, what does a PRS do that I can't do on my strat/tele/Les Paul/sg/335?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom