"YES" is touring in early 2017 - which band members? Worth seeing?

Kiwi

Silver Supporting Member
YES is coming to my city in February 2017, doing "Drama" and "TopOceans" sides 1 and 4. I'm a lot more interested in the latter than the former.

What line-up is this version of Yes? Their web site was not exactly clear. Steve Howe, Trevor Horn, Geoff Downes? If so, who's on bass and drums?

Anyone seen this tour? Can they still bring it, or is this a tired imitation of the band I loved 40 years ago?

(RIP Chris Squire ...)

=K

JohnK24

Silver Supporting Member
YES is coming to my city in February 2017, doing "Drama" and "TopOceans" sides 1 and 4. I'm a lot more interested in the latter than the former.

What line-up is this version of Yes? Their web site was not exactly clear. Steve Howe, Trevor Horn, Geoff Downes? If so, who's on bass and drums?

Anyone seen this tour? Can they still bring it, or is this a tired imitation of the band I loved 40 years ago?

(RIP Chris Squire ...)

=K

Hey Bud...

Looks like the lineup is here - the website's homepage notes the "Drama" & Tales tour.
http://yesworld.com/we-are-yes/

Howe/Downes/White and some fill ins - Davidson (vocals) & Sherwood (bass)

It appears the ARW is the "other" Yes - Anderson, Rabin & Wakeman

Rick Lee

I last saw Yes two yrs. ago and ARW about two mos. ago. IMHO, ARW were better. Though the sound was so low volume when I saw them, that I could easily hear myself singing along over the band (so I stopped). I wouldn't pay crazy money to see either band these days, but you won't walk away thinking you can play better than any of those guys. They do bring it and, frankly, the sidemen seem a little more interested in crushing it than the older members, which makes it good.

Route234

I saw ARW and thought it was one of the better shows Ive seen in years. I would never pay to see the current Yes line up. The last time I saw them it was terrible and that is saying a lot. Ive been to easily more than 20 Yes shows and Ive seen just about every line up and the newest one stinks. They cant even pull of some of the songs. ARW was absolutely terrific. I would recommend them over Yes any day of the week.

Grenville

Yeasayers and Naysayers everywhere.

The Drama/TFTGO Tour has been getting good reviews, with many saying the current lineup are delivering really strongly.

I hope the various Yes/ARW parties can appear together onstage at the Hall of Fame this year, that would be cool.

dansworld

I saw the original Topographic Oceans tour, it would be impossible to top that, so my answer is "no".

Actually, the only thing that DID top it for me was the "Relayer" tour a year or so later with Pat Moraz. That was effing amazing!

MarcJ

I saw the original Topographic Oceans tour, it would be impossible to top that, so my answer is "no".

Actually, the only thing that DID top it for me was the "Relayer" tour a year or so later with Pat Moraz. That was effing amazing!
I also saw the Relayer tour as well as the Going for the One and Tourmato shows. In my opinion, Yes ceased to exist when they dumped Jon Anderson. And without Chris Squire they are nothing more than a cover band. Like I said, just my opinion.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
Anderson Wakeman Rabin probably have a better claim to the name at the moment.
Yeah agreed... I am not seeng anything that Howe and White are trying to pass off as Yes nowadays. It's a shame that Steve and Jon can't get on the same page. I would love to see them share the stage one more time.

Loved this band since 90125 was released back in high school and then their whole catalog opened up to me. I have seen them 12 or 13 times over the years in so many different lineups. JA and SH need to swallow their pride already! Ugh.

Shiny_Beast

Gold Supporting Member
Saw them year before last when they played the entire albums Close to the Edge and The Yes Album I think, I thought they were amazing. I actually liked the fill in singer better than Jon. Alan White was sublime. IMO this was the lion's share of Yes that I care about playing the songs I love. It would have been nice for Wakenman to be a the show just to say I saw him, but I'm not sure how much he was a part of my favorite Yes albums anyhow.

Last edited:
Legally, ARW sold off their legal rights to the name, but have used the name for European gigs...
Being a fan of Yes right now is like swimming in molasses!

Yeah agreed... I am not seeng anything that Howe and White are trying to pass off as Yes nowadays. It's a shame that Steve and Jon can't get on the same page. I would love to see them share the stage one more time.

Loved this band since 90125 was released back in high school and then their whole catalog opened up to me. I have seen them 12 or 13 times over the years in so many different lineups. JA and SH need to swallow their pride already! Ugh.
Not going to happen.
It's rumored that Jon demanded twice the salary of any other band member back in 2007-ish.
So there you go (for the one)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom