Yet another chorus question thread

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by andrewi, Jan 9, 2008.

1. andrewi

andrewi Member

I currently have an Arion SCH-1 on my board and totally hate it. It sounds very "synthetic" to me, it doesn't have much in the way of warmth. I guess what I'm looking for is something that can get me close to a JC-120 sound.

Any suggestions?

2. Hemispheres

Hemispheres Member

http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=2MdIsgAA1199925596&command=link--rsces

http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=2MdIsgAA1199925596&command=link--dhc

or an Ibanez RC-99 Rotary Chorus. This one is discontinued but you can get them on Ebay periodically.

All of these three pedals have a lush sounding chorus that is warm. But to be specific, the Retro-Sonic IS the chorus from a Roland JC-type amp, which, if my memory serves me correctly, is the same chorus as the Boss CE-1 (which the Retro-Sonic is a clone of).

3. MjCartney

MjCartney Neo-Maxi Zoom Dweebie Silver Supporting Member

The Retro-Sonic Chorus Ensemble nails that sound.

4. Red Suede

Red Suede Member

Analogman Clone Chorus.

5. lenny

lenny Member

all mine says is AnalogMan Chorus ,its big and blue and sounds sublime very musical in my opinion!