Yet ANOTHER "here's my pedalboard" thread!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jackrussel, Oct 12, 2008.

1. jackrussel

jackrussel Member

Hi everybody.
    Before assembling my board i got a lot of ideas from folks around here and their solutions to build (or in my case, partially build) their own pedalboard.

Anyway i built it, but didn't have my camera at the time so didn't take any pics during the build process.

Today i had to take it apart to fix some stuff and thought i'd post some pics, for my own vanity, and also if it helps someone building their own boards.

So here we go:

The case is a Thon case originaly for a zoom GT9. Stripped the foam and you get this. A nice box to fit all the wood framing.
    [​IMG]

This was built from leftovers of plywood and some soft pinewood. The raised level helps to step on the pedals and it's great for tucking the cables underneath. Some pedals are fixed with velcro, others with metal washers and some just tucked in the wood framing. Everything covered in scratchy black carpet
    [​IMG]

Here's the power strip:
    [​IMG]

and inside:
    [​IMG]

I built his "holder" for the loop-master in order to have it angled, and be easier to step.
    [​IMG]

here's the inside of the patch box.
    [​IMG]

All the framing inside the lid of the case...
    [​IMG]

... kept in place with some screws
    [​IMG]

here you can see the raised level:
    [​IMG]

Pedals fitted, plugged, done!
    [​IMG]

The RAT was a bit loose on the frame so i got some long metal washers, cut them in half, bended them in an angle and aplied them like this (samething for the back of the pedal):
    [​IMG]

The boss pedals and the sch-1 are just tucked in. When they become a bit loose, i just aply a new strip of carped to the sides, and it's as good as new.
    [​IMG]

metal washers for the wah:
    [​IMG]

Yet another type to keep the loop-master in place. These where just some small washers that come inside some electric plugs to keep the cable from moving. Worked perfectly.
    [​IMG]

Cables can be tucked under the raiser.
    [​IMG]

also on the back:
    [​IMG]

patch box:
    [​IMG]

power connector:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  2. jackrussel

jackrussel Member

Ready to go!
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed it. Cheers!

ccouch7 likes this.
  3. Kentano2000

Kentano2000 Member

Very nice! That is some sweet design work right there!:AOK

4. pen15

pen15 Member

5. Loop-Master

Loop-Master Member

6. jackrussel

jackrussel Member

7. Julia343

Julia343 Member

Nice. I've got this CORE pedal board that the flimsy plywood gave up the ghost. Case is lightweight. Might do something like this with it.

8. Cornbread

Cornbread Silver Supporting Member

Great (great) job!

Thanks for posting the step-by-step. I love to see these threads.

9. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

excellent.

props.

kudos.

all the cool words. . .

nice job.

for reals.

i'm kidding. . . but i'm not. i just don't know what to say when someone actually uses their own brain and hands to . . . you know. . .

it's not envy. . . but i wish i could spend the time to do that

peace.

10. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

To the OP: Very nice and well thought out layout! Its really permanent though... but I'll do something similar if I ever get settled on my pedals, lol.

I did a few mods to my core board. I am wanting to start over and get a slightly longer board but havent researched that yet. This one has a VL power supply, a power strip with surge protection, wood blocks under the wah, and a male plug for my extension cords.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. jackrussel

jackrussel Member

That is a sweet selection of pedals you got there.
    Unfortunately or not, regarding effects there aren't really many options where i live apart from the major brands. So i don't really have the option to try any of the "boutique" stuff. And i do really like to try stuff, and with my own gear before i buy. So it was pretty easy to settle on my pedals :D. And when i find they don't quite fit my needs, i find MODS!:phones