Yet another new Hayseed arrives!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Mark C, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Mark C

Mark C Member

Just got mine in this week after waiting for about 4 months. Standard Hayseed 30 with EF86 option and FX loop, ordered as a combo without speakers. The color is a wine red and I'm really happy with the look of this amp - very cool that Rob let's you pick from a wide variety of tolex and grill cloth. I've got a blue and a G12H-30 in it right now, although I think I'll eventually replace the G12H with a Weber silver alnico. What else can be said about these amps, killer tones, amazing build quality and at a price that doesn't break the bank. The EF86 channel just oozes with a fat rich tone that's never muddy and the top boost channel gives you all the British chime you could ever want. I can't imagine any fan of an AC30 tone not being happy with one of Rob's amps. Heaven with a Tele or Strat and amazing crunch with 'buckers!:angel

[​IMG]

2. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL amp.. . I'm not sure why anyone orders these in heads instead of combos. ANyway, this combo is stunning ,and congratulations

ERIC

3. Ogre

Ogre Member

Great amp. Congrats!

4. tomteriffic

tomteriffic Member

These are some fantastic amps and Rob is a joy to work with.

5. Third Stone

Third Stone Member

Just got a Hayseed 30 recently and love it also. Try swapping in different pre amp tubes. You will be surprised how sensitive this design (AC-30) is to different pre's. Have fun!

6. bscepter

bscepter Member

Congrats! Welcome to the club!

(And I love my Hayseed head, by the way...)
    [​IMG]

7. cslagle7

cslagle7 Member

I just ordered myself a hayseed head last week. The next four months are going to be very painful. anyone have ideas on tolex/grillcloth color schemes? I picked the marshall green levant tolex with the marshall small weave cane. I think it'll work. Anyone else have hayseed pics?

8. bscepter

bscepter Member

I originally ordered a combo in green levant/salt-n-pepper grille. When I changed to a head, I had to mach my Avatar cab, which came in black/wheat. I was a little worried, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

9. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

I put down my deposit on a Hayseed head (should be identical to BScepter's) early January. Heads are a bit shorter wait time I believe. Anyway, within a month or 2 I should be one happy camper. :BEER

That maroon tolex is awesome, by the way!

taco

10. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

In my case, I've got a killer Kingsley 2x12 cab already and well, there's the weight thing. ;)

If I was to get the Hayseed 15 though, I'd probably get it in the form of a 1x12 combo.

taco

11. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

Cool, I don't typically go by history , or cliches , or trends, but with the AC30's , they're famous as 2x12 combos, and there was good reason for that!!! Very few ac30 heads were sold. Heads and cabs tend to be more versatile in that you can change your speakers all the time, (I have 1x12's, 2x12's, 2x10's and 4x12's!) but combos are just way easier for gigs .. That said I have all of the above and many times use either at my gigs. So nevermind! :) Enjoy these suckers

ERIC

12. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

Well. Thanks for crapping in my cornflakes. :(

;)

13. bscepter

bscepter Member

Though I originally ordered a combo, I'm really glad I went with the head. It's just so much more versatile.

14. Gearhead

Gearhead Member

Gorgeous, that's a really cool looking amp! And the sound to match!

Same here. If you want the original "look" as well as the sound, the combo is definitely more common. However, my back just can't put up with 2x12 combo's, so I also went for the weight reduction/versatility of a head. Besides, I have a bunch of great sounding used, old preamp tubes that are borderline microphonic (ok in a head, but can't cut it in a combo).

[​IMG]

15. cslagle7

cslagle7 Member

Fine looking amps...

I know its been discussed before, but how do the hayseeds work with pedals? i'm curious to see how the ef86/TB channels respond differently to treble boosting (hellbilly) and overdrive (timmy). any thoughts?

16. Mark C

Mark C Member

IMO, they kick butt with pedals. I've gigged with friend's hayseed and the EF86 responded really well to anything I threw at it.

17. doctorx

doctorx Member

I am not into looks and cosmetics regarding amps and guitars, I just look for how it sounds and plays. I have to say, however, that is one beautiful looking amp.

18. Lammy

Lammy Member

Ive been on tour with my hayseed 30 head. Its been great! Congrats!

19. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

Actually the one I ordered won't be identical to BScepters. I ordered the vox style grill. It should be identical to another forumite who's name currently escapes me. Stoopid taco!:jo

Edit: Ah, yes. Gary Shetler. And here it is. Beauty.[​IMG]

20. ronster

ronster Member

Rob must have a serious backlog. I ordered the first week of January, and the 16 week mark has come and gone.

This is my first big made to order purchase - I don't know how you guys stand the wait. I want instant gratification, and I want it NOW!!!

ronster
    www.moonshotradio.com