• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

yet another tele pickup thread

teamdelfano

yeah, you saw the title and either went :banana or :BEER or :thud

im lookin for some tele pickups that will get me this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js8r25XBVaE

its a 52 tele, and it sounds like the bridge. i'm not a country player, but im looking for recommendations that will give me a good sound in a tele.

i may go with the jerry donahue bridge (unless you dont think that will get me the sound above). i cant afford to put in lollars, don mares, or fralins. is there something non-custom that is underwound, has clarity, defninition and dynamics....but not overly bright or ice pick-like? suitable for blues, rock, reggae , jazz, etc. i use a bit of OD, but no full on distortion.

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
The JD is a great pickup and would be ideal for everything you describe, but it has a slightly hotter wind. Curious......you state that you want something a bit underwound, yet describe characteristics of something that's more on the slightly overwound scale. But in any case, the JD is super versatile, and sounds like a great, clear tele pickup should, but with a hair more hair.

teamdelfano

you're right. it becomes clearer and clearer that no matter what guitar you have, pickups, amp....you still sound the same.

DANOCASTER

Silver Supporting Member
there's a million pickups that could do that

you are mostly hearing a nice tele thru a Fender amp - played w/ fingers

If you can play that style - any pickup will get you REALLY close to that clip.

a better recording would reveal more details - but you are mostly responding to THE VIBE

Trending Topics