Yet another Tim question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by thesjkexperienc, Feb 21, 2009.

1. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc ^^^ I made this guitar^^^ Supporting Member

I have a Timmy due imminently, but I am also curious about the Tim.

Is the boost before or after the OD? Does the boost make it more distorted or just louder? Can you use the boost on its own? And is it a clean boost or...? I also heard it has a loop. What is it for? What is the direct price for a Tim?

Thanks. I did search, but couldn't find the answers to these specific questions.

2. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

the boost is after the OD, making it louder, but can add some grit as well. the boost CANNOT be used by itself, must be in conjunction with the OD. Fairly clean i think. I don't use the loop, never have. but from what i hear puts a pedal after the OD side and before hte boost side, engaged with the TIM. Pretty sweet if you plan an EQ or a delay or something. i might mess with mine now. I got mine for something like $125, but i think tehy went up recently. prob $155?

3. Bobster

Bobster Supporting Member

i've waiting for mine as well, still thinking whether i should use it as a pure booster or a low gain od. I already have a Kanji and a Fish Factory, and an LDO may be coming in as well.

4. snacker

snacker Member

current price is $169 shipped - i ordered mine last week - can't wait!!!

5. dr.tdw

dr.tdw Member

1) Boost comes after the OD.

2) The boost does add more gain, but not a lot. It's a great circuit, with gain set at 3:00 and the tone all the way counterclockwise (looking directly at the knobs, not upside down), it adds thickness and more punch with a bit of gain.

3) Boost cannot be used on it's own.

4) Best pedal ever.