Yet ANOTHER Zendrive thread!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BlueHeaven, Dec 30, 2005.

1. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Alf received my payment so I'm on the waiting list. I know some of you guys are growing weary of the ZD threads...I'm sorry but I'm always a little late to the party! My question is; what are YOUR sweet spots on the controls with humbuckers and/or single coils? I have both British voiced and American voiced amps. I know everyone's ear and taste is different (thank God!) and I will ultimately use mine to zero in on MY sound but do you guys and gals have recomendations?
    Greg

2. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

i really dig everything at noon! all guitars, and amps, just a great, full, rich,
    setting......at least for me. countless tonalities though :cool:

3. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Blues Wail,
    That was one of Guitar Player's sweet spots too. Does that work for both humbuckers and singles?
    Greg

4. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

5. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Let me know what you think of it and how you dial it in Shane. I listened to Soul Alone...nice clip! I liked your crunch tone...fat, but with some teeth.
    Greg

6. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

Yo Shane, looking forward to that review...

Hey, I just checked out your site, you guys sound GREAT! I never noticed the url there I guess... Also I didn't realize you played here in NYC last month, sorry I missed you! I'll be there next time, let me know. - R

7. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Perhaps I'm dumb, but doesn't MusicToyz have these in stock? For the same price as Alf?

8. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Thanks you everyone for your kind words. I am very proud to be a part of the music that we play. It's all Marshall JCM800's and JMP 100 watt heads, and I used the Boss EQ GE-7 Sniper mode pedal to give that extra crunch. It's a sleeper I tell ya. Hey Rich I will let you know the next time we are in NYC. Are you on the Zendrive list yet? I have both the Tim, and Timmy, and also have the Zendrive comming soon so all of my overdrive needs should be covered. I will let everybody know how the Zendrive sounds when I get it. I LOVE PEDALS!!!

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

9. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

for me, i have to say yes! i do tweak the tone, volume, and am trigger happy on the p/u selector switch, and it is the most balanced in the noon
    positions for my applications.:D :AOK

10. fast ricky love

Right on bro! :)

I'm waiting on your word before getting on 'the list'... ;)

11. Frethog

Frethog Member

No. I've been waiting 13 weeks from mtoyz. They are still waiting for a shipment.

12. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Man, he really must have a lot of orders, and must be backed up.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

13. WhosYourPal

WhosYourPal Member

Yeah, I ordered a Zen a couple of days ago. I figure it it'll arrive with the spring weather!

14. hemlock

hemlock Guest

Me too. Responds nicely to picking dynamics here and works great with my Frankenstrat with Kinmans and my Mel with P90s. Lots of really musical settings, though.

15. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

That noon setting seems to be the perfect default setting...tweak from there but you have an easy to remember setting to run home to. Guitar Player mag said they, w/SG and Marshall, dialed the tone control up for slice and backed off the voice to smooth it out. Maybe that works better for British amps and 'buckers but seems I've read most guys tending to up the voice and lower the tone when they tweak past the noon setting.
    Greg

16. drolling

drolling Member

I'm using this pedal w/teles, a strat & a TV Jones loaded gretsch annie. I use a bit more voice & tone w/the gretsch humbuckers and tend to roll the tone waay back on a particularly bright thinline tele, but honestly, you can't get a bad sound out of this pedal wherever you set the dials.

I ordered mine in september and had it in under a month (international shipping). Alf's a real pleasure to deal with, but I'm sure he's gotten a ton of orders since the GP review, not to mention the bad weather that's been knocking out power down south.

17. jzguitar

jzguitar Member

Anyone tried swapping chips in a Zen? Just wondering. Got mine today so I'll be horsing around with it for a while (getting the hang of the voice and tone settings). Sounds great so far.

18. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

I believe that Alf puts goo on everything that matters in there.
    -bk

19. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Well worth the wait folks... very suuuwweeet

Harry Jacobson
    www.harryj.net

20. fast ricky love

Oh, what the hey. I'm gonna order a Zendrive 2, and try it with a Mullard. I think it's gonna be pretty cool!! Hope to have it by the time the snow melts... ;)