YIKES! What happened to my RMC picture wah!?!?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by j_m_s, Mar 14, 2008.

1. j_m_s

j_m_s Member

Alright. Somethings wrong. I havent used it in awhile mainly because i cant find a 200ma adaptor for it. Boss adaptors are outta stock everywhere i go in my country.

Today i decided to play with it. I opened it up and put the battery in.

Switchd it on, and got the biggest shock ever. Its adding ALOT of gain and NOISE to my signal! Then my signal intermittently cuts out. Ive contacted my local dealer, i bought it last nov, its the blue version.

Any idea how to fix??! :(

Cheers
    James

2. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I don't know what's wrong with it, but you don't need a 200mA adapter for it, that's the max rating it can handle, not a required minimum. Any adapter will work as long as it's not OVER 200mA.

3. j_m_s

j_m_s Member

Yeah. I cant find one under 200ma either!

Any recommendations? Not too pricey pleas.

4. vintage66

vintage66 Member

I'd contact Geofrey about the cutting out and the noise-he'll probably want you to ship it to him and he'll fix it. Batteries last a really long time in a wah though, as long as you disconnect the input when not in use-that's the only pedal on my board I use a battery with, mainly because the input jack's on the wrong side for me.

5. Groovey Records

Groovey Records Member

Jackson Heights Birthplace of Johnny Thunders

+ 1 Call or email Geoffry direct. You do not need any middle men go to the source here is his email RMCWAHPEDALS@yahoo.com his web page contact info is http://www.realmccoycustom.com/CONTACT.htm for his phone call 9- 5 est

He will get it right for you

Regards Groovey Records

EnJoY the MuSiC

6. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    If I remember Singapore is a pretty humid place, please correct me if I am wrong, but you probably have built up some oxidation on either footswitch contacts or more likely the potentiometer's traces. Try unplugging the pedal and cycling the treadle through a few hundred strokes, just sitting watching TV of something and give it another try.

TheGrooveking

7. dosmun

dosmun Member

It can be rated over 200mA.
    A pedal will only draw what it needs. A Wah usually draws less than 10mA so a 100mA would work as well. 200mA is most likely listed because that's what most stsndard pedal wall warts are rated at.

8. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I have a Picture Wah and it has a big sticker on the bottom that says:

200mA MAX!

9. bluntage

bluntage Member

I corresponded with Geoffrey yesterday. He's busy getting ready for the move West but is still taking care of business! Send him an email and I am sure he will help you sort this out. His customer service is the best!

:AOK

10. j_m_s

j_m_s Member

alrighty. My local dealer asked me to pass it to him. Will do so since its under warranty.

Ill be powering 5 pedals with the adaptor.

RMC Pic Wah
    Planetwaves Tuner
    AB Box
    Lovepedal eternity
    Comp or booster.

11. j_m_s

j_m_s Member

Bump, havent passed it to my local dealer yet.

any insight on this?

and no, if you use over 200ma, you'll fry one of the parts in the wah. read RMC's site for more info.

12. thezeng

thezeng Member

get a power supply like the PP2+ or BBE supa-charger. you live in singapore, so i suggest you get an Artec Power Brick from www.ebenex.com
    those are isolated outlets and is very cheap here in asia!

13. j_m_s

j_m_s Member

I have already bought my boss adaptor. Thanks for the help. Yes, was doing some research on those, but ive run outta space on my board, so ive gotta use adaptors.

14. thezeng

thezeng Member

put them under your board? just go to your local electrical shop and get a really low ma capacity adapter and only use it on your wah

15. j_m_s

j_m_s Member

My board has no "Under the board" space haha. its not a pedaltrain style one.

The set up works now, so im pretty pleased.

16. thezeng

thezeng Member

ok, yeah just go to funan or sim lim square and get yourself a cheap electrical one. quality shouldn't matter that much since you should be just powering the wah by itself and not by a chain. make sure the max mA is 200!