1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Yo UAD users!

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Ed DeGenaro, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

New Dl v3.7 out now. With a new plug...the EMT 140...and it sounds amazing!!!!

2. Orren

Orren Member

I agree. I've been using it for a while now (beta tester) its got an absolutely amazing body. For those who like the sound of plate reverbs, this absolutely has the density and tail down--which is the real trick in reverb simulations. Check it out!

Orren

3. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator Staff Member

Word and agreed. I have two UAD cards now; this is technology done right. Wow.

4. straticus

straticus Member

Cool.

Can I get some opinions about the compressors that come on that card?

5. Ed DeGenaro

That's why I got the card. Love 'em. Espcially the LA2A and Fairchild.

6. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator Staff Member

I love them. Deeply. The Fairchild is utterly tweakable and sounds killer on most everything. The LA-2 is perfect for other things. Longtime user, and very very happy with them all.

7. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

Yeah, I'll have to get this one, too.

I'm all about the compressors (I lean a lot on the 1176, too, for drums and bass), Pultec, and Cambridge. Nigel has become a sort of 'secret' weapon for certain vocal tracks (in moderation, as a send).

I haven't popped for the limiter yet, though i will, and i'm a plate fiend, so...

8. straticus

straticus Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Really good sounding compressors seem to be a weak point in the DAW world. On the other hand, and to immediately contradict myself, I love the sound of the Waves Ren Vox compressor on most vocals.:dude

Hey Ed, as a fellow Samplitude Pro user, does the UAD card play nice with Samp?

peace ........... BC :)

9. Ed DeGenaro

The DX plugs are a no go.
    But the VST version runs like a dream on Sam7+8 and Sequoia 7+8.

10. straticus

straticus Member

Ed,

I went to the UA site and found that the EM 140 is a plate reverb plug-in. I love the RS in Samp! It's the best reverb plug-in I've ever used.

So again, as a fellow Samp user, how does the EM 140 compare to the Plate reverbs in Samps RS?

Thanks again.

BC :)

11. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

I'm a few days into the demo, and mightily impressed. This plug has that depth thiing that a good plate brings to the mix. I've never heard any digital pate, plugin or no, that sounds as good.

12. Ed DeGenaro

I prefer them to the impulses...but then again with the exception of Nigel I love everything about the UAD.

13. Kevin

Kevin Member

Hey guys. Just signed up here and love the recording threads. Add me to the long list of the UAD-1 lovers and the plate was an instant buy as soon as I tried it. I use the UAD-1 almost exclusively now. It really gives digital recording a kick in the ass.