Yoooooooo I made it into the new issue of Vintage Guitar!

blong

Wow! Fantastic, and congrats. I read the article when I got the issue. I have never heard of the band, but was immediately curious. Surf rock and horror, combined? I gotta hear it. Gonna click on your links and check it out. Sounds interesting.

I have a story I need to send them on my 1956 strat and how I looked for it for 30+ years. I had played it in a shop where I worked, and the owner left with it. Looked for a strat with that neck for over 30 years, played numerous 56 - 59 strats, never found one quite like it. Well, a guy brought one to me to work on and it was this strat. He later sold it to me, so now I own it. I had to have the finish restored to original colors, but I put it all back the way it was intended. I need to send them the story, it's a cool one.

Hopefully one day I join your ranks, but in a different way, of being in my favorite magazine.

Bob

Bankston

That is awesome. Congrats. Nice to see a TGP'er getting some pub.

Listening to your music right now. I dig it.

Steve1216

Thanks, all! Yes they got the name wrong in the first intro (right in the rest of the article). Also, I didn’t use an mxr timmy, but an OG one. But hey, stuff happens during edits. I’m not complaining one bit. Thanks for checking us out!
oh yeah, Steve is an unintentional alias on here. I can’t remember why I signed up that way.

9iron

Silver Supporting Member
That's great, man! How cool to be a FOJ and to get to play through his Dumbles. Wish I could buy you a coffee and hear the stories! Let me know when you're back in Nashville and maybe we can do that. Mike

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Very cool Sam. VG is a great mag, and the only one I still read on occasion.

A little disappointed that you are sponsored by Reverend rather than just playing a bunch of others you own. Really doesn't leave us much room to criticize your gear. ;)

SavingThoreau

Here are some Spotify links.
Black Valley Moon is the project that is my main labor of love that the article and review are about:
Black Valley Moon - Songs From The Black Valley
And sometimes we do strictly instrumental stuff:
Black Valley Moon - Spectral Melodies

And here is my ‘bread and butter’ band. Much more established. I’ve been in it since 1994. I guess it’s punk. But way melodic and fairly intricate. More like rock by today‘s standards. Latest album:
Down By Law - Lonely Town
Holy hell! I’ve been listening to Down By Law for forever! Cool that you hang on the board.

macula56

Just Passin' Thru
Gold Supporting Member
Vintage Guitar is the only guitar mag left that is worth reading. No politics, no woke editorials, just cool gear. Congrats on getting into a worthwhile publication. I need to subscribe again.

aiq

Silver Supporting Member
Nice article and I will check out your record, sounds very cool.

abby_normal

Very cool. I'm always looking for more surf to listen to. Will give it a listen this weekend and maybe add a few to my instrumental surf playlist on Spotify.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom