York Audio Impulse Response Library

John Mark Painter

Gold Supporting Member
I got to do this over the weekend. Some killer blend!!! Did you notice that the Marshall black seems to be shot lower in volume?

I ran them through helix on a split path and used express to control the split block as a way to dial in my preferred split. I ended up boosting the 4x12 and cutting 2x12 to get them close to equal.
I don't think it is volume, but tone difference (thanks a lot Fletcher Munson!)
I'd have to check again but I glanced at the meters while I had them panned.

glanum3

Could be!?! I was monitoring on headphones no meters yet! SOON!! Just noticed level and adjusting with the best meter (ear) to taste.

stw500

Hi guys, I never bought an IR, but tried countless free ones. My favorite is an IR from Catharsis free pack "1on-pres5.wav". Unfortunately i don´t know which cab was miced and i don´t have enough experience to tell which cabs I like and i don´t. I only know that I like the sound warm and full without harsh. Because of the great feedback in this thread, buying a york audio IR pack is mandatory to me. But which one?

I am a bedroom player and use a headrush gigboard with a headrush 108. Gigs in the future are possible. I play mostly cover songs of the genres country, country rock, pop, rock,blues. Clean, crunch, overdriven, light distortion, no high gain. What do you suggest?

Last edited:

John Mark Painter

Gold Supporting Member
Hi guys, I never bought an IR, but tried countless free ones. My favorite is an IR from Catharsis free pack "1on-pres5.wav". Unfortunately i don´t know which cab was miced and i don´t have enough experience to tell which cabs I like and i don´t. I only know that I like the sound warm and full without harsh. Because of the great feedback in this thread, buying a york audio IR pack is mandatory to me. But which one?

I am a bedroom player and use a headrush gigboard with a headrush 108. Gigs in the future are possible. I play mostly cover songs of the genres country, country rock, pop, rock,blues. What do you suggest?
I would go Deluxe first.
Then Matchless

glanum3

I’m in a modern country band and I would typically use a open back 2x12 with a cleanish low-watt Marshall (not very country, I know). I went with the matchless first as I came the closest in description to what I knew and like. It is exactly what I was looking for. Warm, clean and articulate. Not too much bottom and not piercing. Works well for clean to crunch. John would know better as I’m not familiar with York’s deluxe. The blackjack is killer for 4x12 but I’m only using that for the heavier Jason Aldean stuff.

John Mark Painter

Gold Supporting Member
I’m in a modern country band and I would typically use a open back 2x12 with a cleanish low-watt Marshall (not very country, I know). I went with the matchless first as I came the closest in description to what I knew and like. It is exactly what I was looking for. Warm, clean and articulate. Not too much bottom and not piercing. Works well for clean to crunch. John would know better as I’m not familiar with York’s deluxe. The blackjack is killer for 4x12 but I’m only using that for the heavier Jason Aldean stuff.
Agreed. The Blackjack would have been my next recommendation.

Waiting on the Vox......

The Deluxe has a very different mid curve than the Matchless and the Deluxe is such a standard. They make an excellent pairing.
I have a BUNCH of other Deluxe IR that I don’t like. I think the York stands out.

BWebb

Has anyone tried these IRs with a Suhr Reactive Load IR? For some reason they are not loading into the hardware correctly and I am only getting the DI signal from the IR output. I contacted Suhr support and they seem to think it is a format mismatch with the IRs but from what I can tell they are in the exact format Suhr recommends (24bit/48kHz/Mono).

The message I got from Suhr says: "The IR loader is WAV format. It needs to be 24bit, 48kHz, MONO. Some IRs are mono but actually stereo encoded so that the same data is duplicated on each side. We do have some IR conversion software developed."

I tried to convert using the software they provided but it's not even recognizing the IR file. Can someone with a Suhr RLIR try it using these IRs? I have the YA Blackjack pack.

GaryMcT

Platinum Supporting Member
Has anyone tried these IRs with a Suhr Reactive Load IR? For some reason they are not loading into the hardware correctly and I am only getting the DI signal from the IR output. I contacted Suhr support and they seem to think it is a format mismatch with the IRs but from what I can tell they are in the exact format Suhr recommends (24bit/48kHz/Mono).

The message I got from Suhr says: "The IR loader is WAV format. It needs to be 24bit, 48kHz, MONO. Some IRs are mono but actually stereo encoded so that the same data is duplicated on each side. We do have some IR conversion software developed."

I tried to convert using the software they provided but it's not even recognizing the IR file. Can someone with a Suhr RLIR try it using these IRs? I have the YA Blackjack pack.

I’ll try soon and see what it takes to convert.

York Audio

Vendor

I think I can get my hands on one of those soon and I’ll do some investigating. It’s odd that the files work with Fractal, Line 6, Kemper, Two-Notes, Boss, Strymon, DAW IR loaders, etc... It’s a head scratcher, but I’ll see if I can figure it out for you.

Husky

Please reach back to CS? we also have instructions on how to fix them using audacity we can send you. (now linked below)
They have to be TRUE mono

If you send us the files we can make them work here and adjust the conversion software as well.

In the meantime if you are desperate try this but please send me the files and we will see what's up.

Basically its just dragging and dropping the WAV into audacity, deleting any stereo channels if they are there, and re exporting the WAV using the right settings.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3y2pegiaq3z322h/Reactive Load IR WAV Conversion.pdf?dl=0

Last edited:

BWebb

Please reach back to CS? we also have instructions on how to fix them using audacity we can send you. (now linked below)
They have to be TRUE mono

If you send us the files we can make them work here and adjust the conversion software as well.

In the meantime if you are desperate try this but please send me the files and we will see what's up.

Basically its just dragging and dropping the WAV into audacity, deleting any stereo channels if they are there, and re exporting the WAV using the right settings.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3y2pegiaq3z322h/Reactive Load IR WAV Conversion.pdf?dl=0

Thanks John. I did send a couple sample files to CS late last week and they were going to look into it. My ticket # is 40166.

Husky

Thanks John. I did send a couple sample files to CS late last week and they were going to look into it. My ticket # is 40166.
We didn't have an issue converting the IR with our software and also did not have an issue using Audacity. Don is going to reach back out to you with the converted IRs and make sure you know the procedure.

Dogman

Now that was a timely post, thanks Husky!
Just purchased the Zilla 4x12 IRs from York Audio and they didn´t work in my AMT Pangaea CP-100 IR unit. All I got was a super weird, phasey sound, albeit sample rate and bit depth where meeting the IR players requirements and IRs from Ownhammer work without a hitch. Plus the York Audio IRs work perfectly fine in my Ampli-Firebox, go figure. Following Huskys PDF-instructions I re-saved the files and while nothing in their basic format was changed (still 48kHz, 24 bit, mono) now they sound/work correctly with the CP-100.

Husky

Awesome !
I think it has something to do with header information in the file. So far the Audacity or the easier software we can supply for Mac or PC makes everything work for us. We don't have an issue with Celestion IRs or most but when you have an issue this fixes it.

Now that was a timely post, thanks Husky!
Just purchased the Zilla 4x12 IRs from York Audio and they didn´t work in my AMT Pangaea CP-100 IR unit. All I got was a super weird, phasey sound, albeit sample rate and bit depth where meeting the IR players requirements and IRs from Ownhammer work without a hitch. Plus the York Audio IRs work perfectly fine in my Ampli-Firebox, go figure. Following Huskys PDF-instructions I re-saved the files and while nothing in their basic format was changed (still 48kHz, 24 bit, mono) now they sound/work correctly with the CP-100.

GaryMcT

Platinum Supporting Member
Repeating what has already been said, but since I did the work before catching up, source files appear to be 32 bit float. I converted in audacity to signed 24-bit PCM and works like a charm on SRL-IR. Some maybe helpful shots. @York Audio it would be have a separate folder for these. If I weren’t so lazy I’d write a script/program to convert a directory structure for this. :D

Source file format according to audacity:

index.php

Audacity export parameters:

index.php

Phosphenetre

Also, the first IR I tried in the MRSH M20 pack sounds fantastic!

That pack seems to be one of the less talked about of Justin's recent packs, but it's probably my favourite, and in my top 3 G12M-25/20 IR sets ever. It's got a great feel to it and special woody character.

Make sure you check out mixes 02, 03 and 08 as well. Those are my favourites, along with mix 01.

Top Bottom