Yorkville vs. Mogami XLR cable

petty1818

I wrote a similar thread today comparing Mogami to Planet Waves for guitar cables, but I have always wondered about XLR cables. I have always used Yorkville XLR cables and have never had an issue with them. Being a Canadian company, they are easily the number one choice here for music stores in Canada, which is why I always get them. I am just wondering if anyone has compared them to Mogami cables?

sants

Never used any yorkville cables but use mogami, canare, and Belden. Never an issue. Most my cables are all quad with neutrik connectors. Never had one fail out of hundreds of gigs.

I think any decent gauge, properly shielded mic cable with high quality connectors will last a long time. The connectors are key.

Once I started getting involved more in live sound I realized the cheapie cables don't cut it. The wires are so tiny and it's nearly impossible to solder them correctly if they need repair.

Buy once and use forever. It did help that my buddy used to work at guitar center and got me $80 mogami cables for $26. I later picked up canare and prefer them now. They are much easier to work with and have a softer, more pliable outer. I've always had good experiences with yorkville products and I'd expect their cables to be good as well.

For the money, my money is on Canare from here on out. With good connectors you can usually find them for $1.25- 1.50 per foot.

petty1818

The Yorkville cables all have neutrik connectors which is good. They are pretty respected here in Canada and I believe they have a premium line as well. Maybe I will just stick with what works.

eclecto-acoustic

Serial tree-hugger
I don't know if they follow suit with XLR, but Yorkie instrument cables come in three "trim levels", so it may depend. The higher end (DLX) have braided shielding, Neutrik ends, etc.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom