You could own this infamous guitar!

I happened to find this browsing old archtop guitars on reverb-

It is a 1930’s slingerland songster, which allegedly is Charlie Manson’s guitar that he used to record his album “Lie”. There is a lot of speculation in the listing, but it does have a bit of documentation- a notarized letter of authenticity from the producer of his album.

Pretty interesting. Do you think that this is enough to make it worth 10x the retail price? Is anyone willing to spot me 10K for me to find out the hard way?

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
back when i was a videotape editor for a marketing research firm, there was a story of a group of folks who bought up a bunch of john wayne gacy’s clown paintings and burned them. i believe the group was part of the family’s victims, and they didnt want to see the stuff he did become infamous and worth a fortune someday…. always thought that was intersting!!!

If I had the extra cash, I'd buy it and burn it.

Laurence

Gold Supporting Member
He and I were in the same hospital when he died (I had no idea at the time). They had to keep him on ice for over a year while the familes and the courts fought it out.

Taterdaddy

back when i was a videotape editor for a marketing research firm, there was a story of a group of folks who bought up a bunch of john wayne gacy’s clown paintings and burned them. i believe the group was part of the family’s victims, and they didnt want to see the stuff he did become infamous and worth a fortune someday…. always thought that was intersting!!

The less stuff associated with evil out there, the better, I think.

Jorge E

back when i was a videotape editor for a marketing research firm, there was a story of a group of folks who bought up a bunch of john wayne gacy’s clown paintings and burned them. i believe the group was part of the family’s victims, and they didnt want to see the stuff he did become infamous and worth a fortune someday…. always thought that was intersting!!!
A friend of mine had one . It just OOOOOZED evil . It had a message that was friendly yet psychotic . He felt weird about it then put it behind a dresser for awhile . He felt it caused him bad luck and he sold it . The person who bought it got in a motorcycle accident after . My friend had some serious antisocial issues which was probably why he bought it . He wasn't the first owner .....The Squeaky story is a bit tough though since she was so loyal I doubt she would have forgotten it

Rossi163

Silver Supporting Member
Someone paid $3500 for a pair of his prison underwear and $50K for his dentures. This could be a potential investment if it could be further authenticated.
I agree. I would hazard a guess that someone with high disposable income would be willing to pay a lot more than $10k to be able to brag about owning Manson's guitar

Humans are strange

Last edited:

wox

Silver Supporting Member
Pretty light provenance.

A Google image search shows plenty of photos of Manson playing guitar, but no photos of this or any similar instrument. I’d want to see pics of him playing it.

If it’s just the word of someone saying he owned with no evidence that he played it, I think it’s worth whatever a 1930 Slingerland guitar is worth.

Yamaha 1421

I had the album he made................got it years ago as part of a large collection of Lps I bought. And as you may have heard, it is awful. And although this man was not directly involved in the brutal murders of so many innocent people he was certainly the orchestrator of all those things that happened. If this even was his why would you want it would be my question. I sold the LP long ago after I realized I had it and this guitar............ no thanks IF it was his or had any connection to him.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom