You get only one dirt box what do you choose?

Suhr Riot Reloaded can to drive to distortion with a wide sweep of drive knob. Because of wide sweep of volume knob, it works well with clean or semi-dirty amp. Cleans up well and can run on 18v. Another great choice would be: Aleks K Maple Leaf Royal Overdrive. Absolutely incredible pedals.

timibucktwo

Silver Supporting Member
Always hard for me to answer this since different choices for single coil & humbuckers.
Strats & Teles would be Maxon OD-9 with AM silver mod & Bad Bob Boost added, humbuckers currently would choose Lovepedal Black Magic Zendrive II or black Zen-Zen.
KOT most likely would be my choice if only one for both, or an Analogman Sunface most likely BC-183 or 2N527 to use as a drive or fuzz controlled by the guitar volume.
Tough call!

paddywhack

Gold Supporting Member
Benson Preamp...but I could live with just a Barber Gain Changer if I had to...having the two on my board gets me all the dirt I’ll never need or want from a pedal...

tonedover

This Is Fine.
Platinum Supporting Member
if allowed, it would have to be Sunset

if not.... i dunno... my flavor of the week is the WH Russian Pickle

OotMagroot

I'd need to know which guitar and which amp. But, more than likely it would either be a RAT or a Fuzz Face.

Gonna pick a pedal I brought home earlier today, actually. Never tried it before, only bought it because I liked the features, and because I've always liked the sound of stacked drives. The Strymon Sunset really does so many things I look for in a drive pedal: nice, soft TS-like drive, a couple of great clean boosts, harder-edged distortions, and much more. The only thing it doesn't do is venture into fuzz territory, but I was always more into hearing others play with fuzz than using it myself, so that's okay.

We'll see how I feel about it a couple of weeks from now, but so far, it's a winner.

Strat_lover

My desert island pedal would be a Keeley mod Boss BD-2. It’s “my sound.”

If versatility was the main concern, probably a Fuzz face of some persuasion to cover the gamut from sparkling clean to meltdown all in one.

Gemini2

I’m going with something I currently own: If only one, as much as I love my BB preamp, I don’t think a single OD would cover enough ground so I’d have to go fuzz. Specifically germanium. Right now for me that’s a Keeley retro super germanium phat mod. My Strat’s volume knob on 5-6 is sweet and spanky, 7-8 it get’s rude in a Gibbons way, 9 is Jimi and 10 is all out total war.

LoopyBullet

Silver Supporting Member
BB Preamp. It’s just one of the most useful pedals ever, for me. I don’t get to blast my tube amps all the time, so for the times I can’t, the BB Preamp makes my tone feel/react more like a loud amp without needing to add a bunch of gain (at a functionally more realistic volume). Sounds great with the gain higher too. I was debating whether I should just have two on my board, hahah.

Gemini2

BB Preamp. It’s just one of the most useful pedals ever, for me. I don’t get to blast my tube amps all the time, so for the times I can’t, the BB Preamp makes my tone feel/react more like a loud amp without needing to add a bunch of gain (at a functionally more realistic volume). Sounds great with the gain higher too. I was debating whether I should just have two on my board, hahah.
I voted for a fuzz just for that extra range but I agree the BB pre is amazing. From blues to straight up rock it doesn’t disappoint.

Having two is not crazy just versatile. EJ, Beck and few others run multiples of the same pedal. I have the BB+ and the BB preamp (new less compressed version) That way I can clean one up and push the other.

Trending Topics