you guys hear there's a new Van Halen album??

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by aynirar27, Feb 4, 2012.

1. aynirar27

aynirar27 All You Need Is Rock and Roll Gold Supporting Member

ha
    so I finally got to listen to the entire cd, on a stereo, very loud. I gotta say that I am very impressed. It seems they did the impossible by sounding like both "old VH" and sounding modern at the same time. Does it sound like VHI? no. does it sound like if VHI was recorded in 2012, yes!
    Dave is unmistakably Dave, Alex still grooves like no one else can. Wolfgang's bass sound is immense and plays inside and out of eddies parts wonderfully. And Ed seems to be in top shape as well. Tones are alot heavier than in the past. Some parts are downright SLUDGE but it still sounds like VH and that's what counts.
    Kudos to them for not resting on their laurels and just recording a throwback album that would get them sales just because of nostalgia. If reworking old demos rubs you wrong, there is still a whole albums worth of new material for you to check out. This is VH sticking to their guns and making an album that is relevant in 2012 because it kicks ass and not just because it's VH putting something out again.
    Everyone should at least check this cd out. The whole thing, NOT samples on youtube.

2. Igneous

Igneous Member

3. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    The CD has been released? I thought it wasn't until the 7th? :huh

4. aynirar27

USA date is the 7th
    I assume that's where Kwakkleberry is?

5. clintmartin

clintmartin Member

The new album kicks! Eddie's playing will put a smile on your face. Yes I've heard it even though it's not out yet. I will be buying a copy tuesday, so don't freak out on me. I don't understand the complaint about using older demos...I keep demos of my song ideas all the time and, I feel it's ok for me to re-work them whenever I choose to. The production sounds modern. Just like everything else on the market, it's got too much compression and, could be more dynamic but....Thats the way they do things these days.

6. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry

Yes, why yeS ! :red .... it is!

Oh well, I can wait until Tuesday :dunno

7. aynirar27

It'll be worth the wait. I'll most likely go out and buy a store version as well just to have. I did pay for a download last week so I don't feel to bad about it