You guys like Georgia Satellites?

jiml

Silver Supporting Member
No. Never got past that one song that was so played out when they first came out.

c_mac

Gold Supporting Member
It’s wrong, I know, but I can’t get past hearing “Keep Your Hands to Yourself” butchered thousands of times over the course of my life. I have no choice but to hold them partially responsible. :rotflmao

djp141

Written by Terry Anderson who also wrote Battleship Chains.

His most recent band is Terry Anderson and the Olympic Ass-Kicking Team, lol.

I was literally introduced to Terry by an old girlfriend, who was a fan of his. She even had a Fabulous Knobs sweatshirt.

(And yes, those knobs really were fabulous. )

I had a Huey Lewis and the News CD back in the day, and I traded it for my friend's Georgia Satellites CD. I don't know what I was thinking, and neither did he.

Outlaw

I saw Dan in a small club in Pennsylvania (post Satellites). He was using a pair of Marshall Jubilee combos….and beatin’ that Tele like it owed him money.

Only about 100 people in the crowd because nobody knew the name. That was their loss. He put on a hell of a show. Much respect.

fataxeman

Gold Supporting Member
Never saw them in concert, but would have given the chance. I moved to Georgia in '83 and somehow missed their heyday.

A few years ago, saw Dan Baird and Homemade Sin. Pretty entertaining, especially Warner Hodges (of Jason and the Scorchers fame). He'd sling the guitar around his neck, dance around in a circle fast (like a spinning top) and then play the crap out of his Tele.

Blackmore's Hat

Silver Supporting Member
To the OP's question, I saw them live a couple times. They opened for TP&THBs and saw them on their own at Adventure Island in Tampa. Both pretty entertaining for different reasons.

Echo Are

Cool band. Not a major fan, but major, major kudos to them for having a hit like "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" (#2 on the Billboard Hot 100!) in 1987. Dan Baird seems like a pretty down-to-earth guy; there's a cool interview with him on YouTube where I believe someone in the music biz at that time said, in so many words, that "Keep Your Hands..." is basically a novelty, out-of-left-field hit (which I totally agree with).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom