You guys like Georgia Satellites?

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
great guitar tones, but i just can't hear another Chuck Berry lick. ever. please. no.

lousyatit

Silver Supporting Member
I saw them before the first record was released, they flat tore it up! They had an amazing chemistry onstage as a band and I was some kind of impressed.

Wyatt Martin

Growing up on a farm in the 80s the "Keep Your Hands" video was inspiring to this then beginner guitarist/wannabe rock star in the fact there was finally a heavily played video on MTV of a band not wearing spandex and your sister's makeup and hair spray. Riding in the back of that truck they looked like the group of guys I would haul hay with.

I even tried to get them learn an instrument so we could also be famous ha ha. A couple tried...

Joe Robinson

Platinum Supporting Member
No one is going to confuse them with King Crimson but they are a helluva Rock n'Roll band. I saw them open for the Replacements at the Country Club in Reseda, CA in 1989. Huge guitar sounds. That was a great show from both bands. It really woke me up to the potential of Gibsons and Marshalls, although Dan Baird played a Tele. Rich Richards played a Junior. Let see, set highlights included White Lightning and The Harper Valley PTA.

Turi

I remember hearing their song a few years ago and thinking "ah that's how it supposed to go".

lemonman

Silver Supporting Member
This thread got me to pull out a couple GS CDs. 1st album is great fun; straight ahead southern rock, and a complete guitar tonegasm. 2nd one is similar, but with a retread feel; been there, done that, not quite as infectious. That 1st album always brings it!

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
This thread got me to pull out a couple GS CDs. 1st album is great fun; straight ahead southern rock, and a complete guitar tonegasm. 2nd one is similar, but with a retread feel; been there, done that, not quite as infectious. That 1st album always brings it!
The 3rd Album, "In The Land Of Salvation And Sin" showed a little more maturity, without losing the sweat-and-attitude.... it actually might be my favorite GS album.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom