• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

You have a Les Paul and an SG. One has P90's the other PAFs. Which has which?

Les Paul and SG pickups?

• Les Paul with P90's, SG with PAFs.

• Les Paul with PAFs, SG with P90's.

• I'd rather play a Steve Vai autographed Ibanez Jem.

Results are only viewable after voting.

re-animator

a few months ago i would have been planted surely in the pete townshend sg p-90 camp... but after playing a few LPs and SGs that really spoke to me, i'll take a flip flop. not to mention how awesome black beauty p90 LPs look.

Radagacuca

where do i vote???

i have a sg ri wirh "pafs"
also a 64 sg sp. with p90s
then theres a les paul with "pafs"
and 2 les pauls with p90s...

ugh!

Custom50

I have a Paul with PAF's and an SG with P-90's. I'm looking for a paul with P-90s too though, I just love those pickups.

mainsale

I can't vote! Just sold off my last LP with PAF's. All of my LP's and SG's are either P-90 or P-92 equipped.

CitizenCain

I didn't want to count my Gibson SG because it only has one P90 and I thought it would throw the balance of the poll off.

Voxy Foxy

i just feel like the in-your-face-ness of a P90 is better in a snappier, brighter guitar, and I feel like the balls PAF need a complimenting, sustaining guitar.

But I do like P90s in LPs too...:)

justonwo

Platinum Supporting Member
Hell, I can't decide. I've had both, and both sound great. P90s on a Les Paul and PAFs in an SG is what I have now. I'll happily play either one.

SG John

My SGs are a mixed bag of P-90, P-94, and PAF's. Both my Les Pauls have PAF's. I am gassing for a P-90 equipped Les Paul. Would love a '54RI or a '56 reissue with a Bigsby.

DrBob

To be honest either would be great but since Christmas I have been obsessively listening to 'Who's Next' so at the moment, it's a Cherry Red P90 loaded SG Special for me !

justonwo

Platinum Supporting Member
To be honest either would be great but since Christmas I have been obsessively listening to 'Who's Next' so at the moment, it's a Cherry Red P90 loaded SG Special for me !
I thought most of Who's Next was recorded with his Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins, no? I think Live at Leeds was the quintessential P-90 SG sound.

scottlr

Assuming I have no other Gibbys, I go with LP w/PAF & SG w/P90s, but I'd like to have one of each with both :)

jdps150

For purposes of the poll...

I counted my faded DC as an SG w/ P90s
& my LPC w/ SD 59s as LP w/ PAFs

Gotta be close enough.

jeffwith1f

Honestly?
both instruments should have the humbucker in the bridge and the P90 in the neck. I'll have both.

Trending Topics