• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

You have an amp with a good OD tone; you get ONE pedal (OD, boost or other) for leads. Your pick?

HeavyCream

It depends on the amp. Treble Booster, Zvex Distortron (or Double Rock), Klon, TS, KoT or Talisman.

Bill D

If I "need that extra push over the cliff", I like a distortion pedal with the volume up and gain down in front of my Mark V.

GenoVox

Gold Supporting Member
It had been a long time since I had an amp whose crunch sound I was that happy with... then I got my SV20 :D

After trying a bunch of options, the 2 pedals I’ve found that simply sound like I turned the amp up... are a Barber Gain Changer and an MXR Classic OD (on the “Zak Wylde” setting)

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
With OP stating amp OD is great...then Delay for me which can be used to fatten, faux verb and many inspiring tones for lead and everything else.

Sofakingblue

Nothing. I find it amusing when someone starts with a custom shop roasted relic with hand-wound pickups, a boutique amp with NOS tubes and NFB mods, hand selected speakers and then they pollute their signal path with a bunch of pedals with solid state semiconductors to make it “sound good”.

Stratburst70

Way Huge Green Rhino MkII. I like it so much I bought a second one. It sounds great no matter what guitar or amp I use.

Trending Topics