• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

You have to check out these guys...

Niblos

The ZZ TOP LYNN, MA 5/19 show opened with an amazing opening act, THE BEN MILLER BAND, a mixed bag of pure Americana. Do yourself a favor and check out these boys - they rock! Way better than even the early days of THE OLD CROW MEDICINE SHOW when I saw them open for JUNIOR BROWN at The Cat's Cradle before they morphed into a jam band. These guys give music hope, exactly what we currently need. They prove you don't have to buy named brand instruments to get your point across. Heck, the bassist uses a weed eater string for his washtub bass and the drummer pulled out a wah-wah for his washboard solo! Like I said, check them out and for heaven sakes, somebody sign them before they have to go back to day jobs!

GET RIGHT CHURCH:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS0A2e9m_Nc

FOLLOW YOU DOWN:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_rQ4o2zywQ

Promo on the band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGaq5d7LAyw

Last edited:

daveanto21

Silver Supporting Member
Man just what I have been craving. Thanks for posting, I dig it. I love the Peavey Delta blues he is playing through :) Great amps.

TB72

Niblos...

I caught the same show in Lynn. And I must say, the Ben Miller Band knocked me the f**k out. They manage to sound rootsy and cutting-edge at the same time. Their music is just plain FUN.

If you can manage to not have a good time while watching and listening to these guys, then someone should check for a pulse.

Later...

Niblos

Yeah, my wife and I had just said, 'I hope there isn't any opener," as the fillers tend to get on your nerves, but after the show my wife actually told the bassist, "That was the best opening act I have ever seen, period!" They did such an amazing version of "House of the Rising Sun" and cuts like "Get Right Church" and "Follow You Down" (not on their cd release) just blew us away!

You are correct - if you can't have fun and dig their groove you probably are dead. This band would be huge at Wilksboro, NC's Merlefest. It's been a looooong time since I've seen an opener go over so well at a show.

I sent my wife up to grab a cd and she came back with a t-shirt and print. I hope they have good management, it would be nice to see them again!

A funny thing I pointed out to my wife was seeing the washtub going through a digital rack mount. HA!

TB72

Yeah, my wife and I had just said, 'I hope there isn't any opener," as the fillers tend to get on your nerves, but after the show my wife actually told the bassist, "That was the best opening act I have ever seen, period!" They did such an amazing version of "House of the Rising Sun" and cuts like "Get Right Church" and "Follow You Down" (not on their cd release) just blew us away!

You are correct - if you can't have fun and dig their groove you probably are dead. This band would be huge at Wilksboro, NC's Merlefest. It's been a looooong time since I've seen an opener go over so well at a show.

I sent my wife up to grab a cd and she came back with a t-shirt and print. I hope they have good management, it would be nice to see them again!

A funny thing I pointed out to my wife was seeing the washtub going through a digital rack mount. HA!
For me, it was their killer cover of Dylan's "Blind Willie McTell" (complete with smokin' trombone solo) that put it over the top.

I can't wait to see these guys again!

Niblos

Another good one to check out too is seasick steve. What a cool story too.
Oh, I had forgotten about him - he's the one that did a quick appearance with Jack White on the 3rd Man records bus, I believe. I meant to get his cd. Thanks!

Trending Topics