You might want to pass on shipping with US Postal Service

TooManyToys

Silver Supporting Member
They left my $3,000 Telecaster on the side of the road leaning against my mailbox 50yds from my house on a busy road. Can you believe this? In this day and age of porch pirates? It would have taken someone 6-10 seconds to throw it in the back of their vehicle. Luckily I knew it was coming and was home and keeping an eye out for it and happened to see it. I was like WTF!! USPS employee can not be bothered to get off their lazy butt to bring it to the house. And they where not ashamed of it as when I finally got the delivery update it said "left at mailbox".
What kind of crappy service is this? Let people have to deal with stolen packages? This is not a small box in my mailbox - it is a 4ft package. Pretty obvious there is something of value in it.
This was a TGP purchase, so in the future I will tell any future sellers this story and to avoid using USPS unless they want to deal with filing claims for lost guitars.
FedEx and UPS has never done this.
Will post a picture of it against the mailbox and how far it is from my house.

Attachments

• 20220511_142546.jpg
    20220511_142546.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 267
  • 20220511_142225.jpg
    20220511_142225.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 264
They left my $3,000 Telecaster on the side of the road leaning against my mailbox 50yds from my house on a busy road. Can you believe this? In this day and age of porch pirates? It would have taken someone 6-10 seconds to throw it in the back of their vehicle. Luckily I knew it was coming and was home and keeping an eye out for it and happened to see it. I was like WTF!! USPS employee can not be bothered to get off their lazy butt to bring it to the house. And they where not ashamed of it as when I finally got the delivery update it said "left at mailbox".
What kind of crappy service is this? Let people have to deal with stolen packages? This is not a small box in my mailbox - it is a 4ft package. Pretty obvious there is something of value in it.
This was a TGP purchase, so in the future I will tell any future sellers this story and to avoid using USPS unless they want to deal with filing claims for lost guitars.

I just wanna know who ships a $3000 guitar to someone without signature required for the delivery.

Jim85IROC

There are examples of this type of crap from every shipper. The best way to avoid this is to build a relationship with your local drivers. My UPS guy is a guitar player so we always talk. He's great about putting my deliveries in my garage, out of the rain and out of sight.

TooManyToys

Silver Supporting Member
I just wanna know who ships a $3000 guitar to someone without signature required for the delivery.
I have had both FedEx and UPS leave guitars against the garage and front doors even when it was shipped with a Signiture requirement. But never at the mailbox.
But at least UPS, FedEx, and even Amazon bring packages to the house that do not require Signitures and ring the doorbell to let you know to look outside the door.

TooManyToys

Silver Supporting Member
Yes! Let’s torch an entire nationwide enterprise because one guy on the internet is upset with his local delivery person!

Seriously, though.. Who would you propose we use as a courier, the Pony Express? :dunno
I expect some common courtesy and work ethic to at least bring a large package to the house. At least drive up the driveway and shove it out of the truck on the asphalt off the busy street if you are physically challenged. Don't they have physical requirements any more?

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
I expect some common courtesy and work ethic to at least bring a large package to the house. At least drive up the driveway and shove it out of the truck on the asphalt off the busy street if you are physically challenged. Don't they have physical requirements any more?
You can always go up to your local post office and file a complaint.. I had to do this a few years ago when a mail carrier kept haphazardly throwing mail from everyone on our block into random mailboxes, leaving us to sort it out after they'd delivered. The problem was fixed in under a week.

As for your situation, I agree the mail carrier was lazy. The seller could have sprung for signature required, but this is why I generally have large items held at a secure location (UPS / FedEx drop point) or delivered to my work. No chances taken with expensive items!

Otter351

USPS provides online tools to allow for delivery instructions or postal pickup, I suggest signing up your address for it. It's great, you get to see all your incoming mail too. It will also let you know if your package requires a signature. Your argument of "Pretty obvious there is something of value in it" is just your emotions talking, you know that's not true.

fossilfuel

dismember
Fedex left a guitar in its box on my front steps one day.
There's a side entrance and that's what I use all the time.

I left the house and only notice where the guitar was when I pulled into the yard when I got back.

A signature required would avoid any of these issues, I never ship a guitar without one required.

My last guitar came from the Netherlands. The orange FRAGILE tape was literally the only thing holding the box together. Two months later, still waiting on a claim for the snapped neck, tied up in bureaucracy. USPS hasn't even notified the Netherlands postal service yet that the package arrived damaged - back in March.

But I wouldn't trust a guitar to FedEx either...

Jerrod

Gold Supporting Member

I believe that your story is ironclad proof that I should never use USPS to ship anything. Thanks!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom