• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

You must embrace your OCD

To all the OCD owners out there:
- realise that you won't find a better low to mid gain OD
- stop trying to find alternatives, you know it will just return to your pedal board
- play through your OCD and remind yourself how good it is
- in short, love your OCD.

I had less than five minutes with mine tonight and it was magic. I've only had my OCD a year but it just continues to deliver.

Dave

Mine has been on my pedal board for about three years now. I use it as a low gain OD and for that I think it's one of the best. I wouldn't say I 'love' it, but I'm pleased with it. ;)

jazzfromhell

Had a v3 for about a week but never got along with it unfortunately. I think I need to try the v4 someday.

cram

I'm easy to please.
I have not had this one yet.
Perhaps some day though.

spayne99

Thanks for the reminder! Lately I've been tempted by a Wampler Black '65 and got outbid on one on eBay in the final seconds. Luckily I still have an OCD to fall back on, haha. I wonder how close the OCD in low gain LP mode is to the Wampler. I don't really think of the OCD as blackface in character, but then again in low gain LP mode it does a nice transparent boost, giving my PRRI something 'extra'. Great pedal indeed.

Guinness Lad

My take -

Doesn't work well with other pedals
Typical Fulltone sludgy bass (overly fat:facepalm)
many things better - I use a Jester

If i wanted that big low end thing I'd get a Dumkudo, those are nice. Otherwise for more gain a Suhr Riot.

Dave

In my experience the bass stays flat with the drive set below 11 o'clock. Once it gets past about noon it almost becomes a different pedal.

Pinelake

I have the V.4. My Rivera V5 is high gain so I use the OCD as a low-gain, break up boost on the clean channel. I love the OCD touch sensitivity.

john l

Silver Supporting Member
My v4 was very picky about what amps it would work well with. Sounded killer through some but I didnt own those lol so I clucked it for a full driive that I still have. Having said that if you own an amp that the the OCD gets on with youd be hard pressed to find a better OD. Id really like to try a V1 sometime

jb1911

I had a v1 and hated it. It was shrill and harsh, couldn't sell it fast enough. The only thing I can say that I liked about it was I sold it for more than I paid for it.

ecm1117

Hmmm . . . I had v4 and tried it in my rig, which goes through a Fender blackface type amp. While I agree that the pedal is a solid design, it didn't do it for me through that amp - too much bass and not enough mids. Not a good match for me. I imagine it would sound much better through a Tweed/Marshall circuit. I went with a Catalinbread DLS instead and that pedal hasn't left my board since.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom