YOU NAME THE PRICE ON MY ALBUM (even $0.0)!!

Jim Soloway

I've decided to try a little experiment in guerrilla marketing. For the next month the price for downloading my album "Bare Handed" from Bandcamp.com, is going to be what ever you want to pay! You decide how much it's worth to you (even $0.0) and then download the album. At the end of February I'll take a look at the results and decide what to do next but for now, the power of the price is in your hands.

Here's a link directly to the BandCamp page. The rest is up to you!

https://jimsoloway.bandcamp.com/album/bare-handed

Jim Soloway

This has been a really interesting experiment and so far it's going really well. There have been quite a few free downloads but it's also easily been the best few days in sales for the album since shortly after it was released. So a big thanks to all for making this a success.

Jim Soloway

I've had excellent results with this approach... good luck!
Thanks Dubious and I really do have to give you credit for the idea. I read your comments in Aram's thread and a lot of what you were saying made sense to me so I decided to give a real life try. I'm actually pretty amazed at how well it's working out. I think you may really be on to something with this idea.

Jim Soloway

The deal is still going and the results so far have been really good. No matter what happens for the rest of the months, February will end up with the best single month sales in over a year. So maybe there's something to be said for an approach like this.