• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

You thought you hated fuzz until you heard _______.

tinverse

I like the sound of fuzz, but it isn't my go to either. One day I'll pull the trigger on an RCA sunface. My big muff doesn't get used much anymore though.

SonicTonic Seeker

I like the sound of fuzz, but it isn't my go to either. One day I'll pull the trigger on an RCA sunface. My big muff doesn't get used much anymore though.
I've been saying that about a SunFace for at least a year. They ran out of the RCA trans., though.

TaronKeim

ugly//pretty//noise
Silver Supporting Member
loved fuzz since the moment i heard hendrix, chasing down radiohead tones in my early teens got me my first dunlop/arbiter fuzz face

...but i always thought i hated muffs until i realized one of jack white's main tones was a micro amp pounding the input of a big muff - the tone from "black math" specifically was incredible, along with "ball + biscuit" - then i found out about the mask audio electronics black math + now i'm a believer #embracethescoop

|tjk

Twoinch

I had only tried Big Muff variants and couldn’t gel with them. An episode of That Pedal Show showed me that Fuzz Faces are much more up my alley. I still need to try a good germanium fuzz face, but the Hendrix mini silicon fuzz face I’m using now was a huge step in the right direction.
My story mirrors yours. Muffs didn't do it for years. Turned me off of fuzz..

Until i played fuzzfaces. Oh... That's fuzz...

mrpinter

Gold Supporting Member
I never hated fuzz, but didn't really appreciate it until I heard songs using it like this - a liquid mesmerizing sound that almost doesn't sound like a guitar:

CaptainAwesome

It definitely is a stupid username
Silver Supporting Member
I've always like fuzz pedals, but a key tipping point for me was the Jeff Beck Truth album. I had to get that tone out of my head and into my amp...and hundreds of dollars and multiple Tonebenders was the only solution! I've since moved to a MKII for my setup, but I when I think of fuzz it's always the Truth album.

StratmanSteve

Silver Supporting Member
Have loved fuzz since the Stones' Satisfaction. The first fuzz I bought was a red and blue Uni-Vox Superfuzz around 1970 or '71. Wish I still had it.

Never hated fuzz but really fell in love when I got my first Germanium Fuzz Face clone. My love affair with fuzz continues to this day.

kingrazor

Until I heard how they clean up. I usually don't care for the sound of a fuzz face, and I don't usually care for the sound of rolling the volume knob back for cleans, even through a nice cranked tube amp, but when you do it through a fuzz face, it sounds great!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom