• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

You wake up one morning and realize the year is 1969

RouseTheBoroughs

Silver Supporting Member
So you go to sleep tonight ...

And poof ! you wake up in 1969 !

You quickly find a great job, get a nice appartment !

And of course after a couple of weeks ... you think it's about time to get some gear !!!

Now here is the question :

It would be easy to say what would you get, but no thats not the question ...

the questions is :

What would you tell your favorite guitar brand NOT TO DO ?

What artist would you go to and say : I've been in the future and you'll sound so much better with different gear !

dantedayjob

I'd tell Clapton to stick to Gibsons, Uli Roth too (even though he wasn't in the public eye yet)... (not doggin' Fenders, because I'd tell Blackmore and Trower that Strats were the thing for them...)

I would tell Gibson not to leave Kalamazoo

Rumble

Instrumental Rocker
Gold Supporting Member
I'd send one of these over to Norlin headquarters:

RV52

Of course hang around Hyde Park that summer! :dude

... telling Eric that I like him better on a Gibson and asking Winwood not only to play keyboard that day but also grab his green Firebird that he brought to the stage.
Some days later asking Keith to better take care of his '58 Flying V so that it's not gonna be stolen one day. I really liked it seeing him play that V.

openbar

Gold Supporting Member
I'd move to Detroit and see every show I could with the MC5 and the Stooges.

bilbal

Well given I was born in '69, I would have a chance to do things over again. There are quite a few mistakes I wouldn't make "this" time around!!!

trisonic

So you go to sleep tonight ...

And poof ! you wake up in 1969 !

You quickly find a great job, get a nice appartment !

And of course after a couple of weeks ... you think it's about time to get some gear !!!
That actually happened to me 365 times once...............
The truth is that "gear" is cheaper relative to income now than then. At the time I still couldn't afford a '59 Les Paul.

Best, Pete.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
I'd first be looking for a clean used 67 427 Corvette coupe..... then I'd be searching for all the 58, 59 burst and 68 Custom Les Pauls that I could find ..... then maybe send Jimmy Page a letter and suggest a couple of Hiwatt stacks, or something to improve his crappy tone for the next 5 or 6 albums. :bong

Then I'd go over to the Radio repair shop and buy up all their Mullard and Telefunken t0obz.

Probably go to a few concerts ..... :dunno

Then I'd try and figure out the code sequence to move all that stuff back to around 1978 so I could go to some Van Halen concerts .... :love: ..... and I'd just hang out in the 80s again .... that was a pretty good decade for me. :)

drewl

I'd make a ton of money betting on sporting events, then proceed to build up the most awesome collection of gear so 40years later I can make a bunch of people jealous on teh intarnets.

BarneyFife

Silver Supporting Member
Oh no, I'm late for my 6th grade class! I'd hop on my Schwinn stingray, with the sissy bar, and pedal over. When I kiss Kristy Krusell behind the dugout, I'll use my tongue.

Rosewood

Buy every name brand guitar I could see (that goes for every old car I saw) and put them in a warehouse, retire at 50.

Trending Topics