Young girls and sleeve tattoos

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by zekmoe, Jun 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjs ire

pjs ire Member

Good one, hankypanky!

crankyrayhanky likes this.
  2. Slaphappy

Slaphappy Member

Personally, I find it sexy...
    [​IMG]

shane8 likes this.
  3. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

I read that full sleeves run over $3k??

4. pjs ire

pjs ire Member

Would not surprise me if you had them done at a quality shop.

shane8 likes this.
  5. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

Anyone and sleeve tattoos.....................

6. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Supporting Member

I prefer not to wear one shirt my entire life...tattoo's get old and boring after a decade or so. I had all mine lasered off...

shane8 likes this.
  7. jimipage

jimipage Member

I think you're right. I guess it just seems weird to me that 'fans' wouldn't blink an eye about tattoos on Flea, Dave Navarro, Lemmy, James Hetfileld, etc., yet not approve on an ordinary person that loves tattoos. As a tattoo guy myself, I'm fully aware of permanency, indeed I love this very fact.

8. m@2

m@2 Member

Nah. It’s not folks like you Jon. I enjoy your posts quite a bit in fact. I’ve been around long enough here to see where these type of thread always go. Literally 100% of the time... and there are mannnyyyy examples of other topics that take a similar turn. This thread is just one. No big deal. Just expressing my reaction just like everyone else. Bums me out but not that big a deal.

9. Dickey

Dickey Member

"Lots of formerly ‘square’ employers are falling over themselves trying to cater to the young."
    I really don't know why...they are lazy, unreliable, & have a crummy work ethic.

10. T92780

T92780 Silver Supporting Member

Interesting to see the new artistic designs those sleeves take on when woman are 80 with wrinkly and sagging arm skin.

11. shane8

shane8 Member

whoa

is that expensive, painful & anything else ya wanna tell us??

i'm interested in that experience

Sp8ctre likes this.
  12. pjs ire

pjs ire Member

Prison tats?

13. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

TGPers with full sleeves save money for those tats by buying used Civics and driving them for 10 years with no repairs. A unique phenom.

Emigre, shane8 and bsacamano like this.
  14. MrAstro

MrAstro Member

Ugly as sin...

Sp8ctre likes this.
  15. Timcito

Timcito Member

Yes, it's the permanence part that strikes a jarring note with us naysayers, isn't it, and not the actual markings themselves. I've never felt any personal inclination to put designs on my skin to announce who I am, but I can perfectly well see that some people might. They're in love and they want the name of their beloved on their body; they feel wild and dangerous so they want a fiendish skeleton dressed like a pirate on a motorbike. That's cool - go for it. I once wore a fringed suede jacket and patchwork jeans to announce my affiliation with a previous generation's music and lifestyle, and, let me tell you, I felt like the dog's bollocks when I sauntered down High Street wearing all that!

But it's the permanence that's odd. There's a scene from the film Paris Texas in which Harry Dean Stanton is reflecting on the adoring relationship he had with his wife. He speaks of himself in the third person. It all seems pretty reasonable enough until one line: "He couldn't stand being away from her while he was at work … so he quit." Whoa! Suddenly we've moved into unfamiliar terrain; people may wax lyrical about their love for their partners, but they do not quit their jobs and threaten their livelihoods over it.

This is the unfamiliar, or 'odd,' terrain for us non-tats people. We can understand someone might want their girlfriend's name marked on their bodies or the skeleton on the bike. What seems self-destructively strange is the 'forever' bit because what we like and what we love are hardly ever forever. Jethro Tull was my favourite band at 14, the Rolling Stones and the Beatles at 16, and the Doors at 18. I barely even like the Doors today, but what if I'd had a lifesize image of Jim Morrison's head emblazoned on my person? How would I feel if every time I removed my shirt, my body cried out to the world that Jim and I were kindred spirits? I'm a 60-year-old happily married teacher who enjoys playing the guitar, cooking, acting, and swimming. I've got about as much in common with Jim Morrison as I do with an albino rabbit. But … I have his brooding face and leonine curls on my back telling all the world that I woke up this morning and got myself a beer. Damn!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  16. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    Tats to me are like a bumper sticker that maybe is ok for a while but after it gets old and wrinkly or out dated like that pac man tattoo you have on your neck ... you'll want to change it. :knitting

In 2061 someone is going to invent a tattoo booth where you walk in, enter the wireless code on your forehead keypad for brain scan and then browse 500,0000,000 tattoos that the auto select knows that you will like. :idea Then pull the hyper drive lever and slam it through 4 H pattern positions while jamming the shift pedal on the floor. When you get into 4th gear, keep the right pedal to the floor and it's hyper drive will automatically select and install the perfect tattoo for you after erasing the old tattoo with an orbital 360,000 rpm 80 grit sander. :love:

Technology is an amazing thing and will do things we can't even imagine right now in our lifetime! :knitting

17. mcuguitar

mcuguitar Gold Supporting Member

The old adage, “it’s what’s inside that counts,” is true.

Timcito likes this.
  18. Sp8ctre

Nope...really nice ones that I got while in the USAF.

19. Sp8ctre

It was Extremely Painful!!! At least 10X the pain of having them put on...

I was in the USAF and I got a tattoo at my first duty station. It was a big Grim Reaper on my right forearm. Next came a Harley Eagle
    on my left forearm and then a Rose on my left hand to cover an old girlfriends name.

I loved them for a few years and then they were just "there". The USAF became anti tattoo in the late 90's and offered to remove them for free.
    They sent me off base to a very nice plastic surgeons office and the process began. They laser the entire tattoo and you can immediately see
    and smell the flesh burning. The tattoo becomes a series of blisters which eventually scab up. Thirty days later you go back and have this done
    all over again. This goes on for about six months or until the tattoo is gone. Then you have a scar in the form of the tattoo for another ten years
    until it to finally fades.

I'm glad I got them removed for free because it's not a cheap proposal...

shane8 and Timcito like this.
  20. JamCave Studio

JamCave Studio Member

"oh you have a tattoo?, so you don't work?" Geico commercial line.

Personally I like girls with tattoo's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.