• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Your #1

bigben55

I'm curious.
-what is it?
-how long have you had it?
-how many other guitars have tried to take the crown over the years?

I'll start.
-1994 G&L Legacy
-bought it used in 1998
-at least 20 other guitars. 2 have come close; i still own and love both 20200920_211055.jpg

noisebloom

My current #1 is a 2016 Fender Road Worn 60s Strat. Got it from a pawn shop in April 2019. It's in much better shape now than the day I bought it.

Since I got it, there have been a couple of guitars that have vied for the title--including a Road Worn 50s!--but this one is still king of the mountain.

WordMan

Gold Supporting Member
I have recently been through a divorce and relocation. After getting here, I fell into a fairly Full Guitar Refresh, using a nice old Martin as a swap warchest and going to work.

I know a *lot* more about myself, my playing and my preferences since my last big Tool update. This is where I am at:

1603327986458.jpeg

Electric = 1963 Alamo Fiesta. Check out the tone demo below.
Acoustic = 1930 Martin 2-17. See this thread: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...spanish-the-guitar-that-saved-martin.2185088/

I have had the chance to own *many* excellent old guitars. These are my best tools for me.

Last edited:
I'm curious.
-what is it?
-how long have you had it?
-how many other guitars have tried to take the crown over the years?

I'll start.
-1994 G&L Legacy
-bought it used in 1998
-at least 20 other guitars. 2 have come close; i still own and love both View attachment 300523
Kiesel Vader V6 - buckeye burl top, black limba neck and body. Received in March of 2019, has remained my most reached-for guitar every day since. Just an absolute monster. I have 21 other guitars, and they’re great...but this is the one.

7F2DAEFD-F485-432D-881F-B5EACD52AFE3.jpeg

63571B2A-CF01-4D69-9577-A998E39BF3FF.jpeg

Last edited:
I got this Custom 24-08 back in April and it quickly became my favorite guitar I’ve ever owned. The neck on this one is just perfect for me and it’s nice and light and perfectly balanced. I’ve found it’s extremely versatile as well, the coil taps work so well I don’t see the need for single coils anymore.
C251231A-A5BC-4759-912F-93886029E1CC.jpeg D1C40921-CDC8-480A-9D6D-7E08B3591BE5.jpeg

fleezinator

A 2003 American PRS Standard on the far right has been my #1 since 2005. In fact, it was my only one until a few years ago :)

I bought the Squier Strat in a pawnshop and did my 1st refinish from black to an Ocean Turquoise-y color. Only a few weeks ago I picked up someone elses's project Warmoth Jazzmaster on the left, which I plan to refinish in Burgundy Mist. Since the refin on the strat, I've been reaching more for it as of late & as evidenced by strapless PRS.

David Garner

Platinum Supporting Member
93 Les Paul Standard with Custom Shop Pearly Gates pickups. Bought in the Emporium here in 2014. I’ll occasionally play a gig with my 16 Traditional instead, and most often I use both. And my 2009 EJ Strat is my favorite. But this one is the old faded pair of jeans that always fits just right. It is far and away my number 1 in terms of use. It’s home base.

bigben55

Great guitars guys! Keep em coming.

I think for a guitar to be your "#1," its gotta have two things going for it. First, you have to play it better than any others you own. And second, its gotta best meld with your playing style, therefore making it sound better than your others.

I have 2 teles that are different, but just killer guitars. I go thru phases where I gravitate towards one or the other but, I always come back to THAT G&L Legacy. Dont know why, but I do, and when I do, its like I never put it down, even if its been weeks or months since picking it up.

Trending Topics