• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Your #1

jallen

Silver Supporting Member
Mine is a Sammy Sanchez custom build. From the 80s: Anderson body, Hosono neck, German Floyd, Duncan Custom pickup. Got it like 7 or 8 years ago. I’ve tried others, many a lot more expensive, but this is always my fav. My dessert island guitar for sure!
45EB6E1E-9066-48A8-811D-47A2F95E6C50.jpeg

ucsteve

Great guitars guys! Keep em coming.

I think for a guitar to be your "#1," its gotta have two things going for it. First, you have to play it better than any others you own. And second, its gotta best meld with your playing style, therefore making it sound better than your others.

I have 2 teles that are different, but just killer guitars. I go thru phases where I gravitate towards one or the other but, I always come back to THAT G&L Legacy. Dont know why, but I do, and when I do, its like I never put it down, even if its been weeks or months since picking it up.
well, then under that guideline, it would be my 02 that now has the probuckers from my 2020 orig 50s

no 667.jpg

but thats only becuase I havent had a lot of time with the new goldtop as of this post

MJ 2.jpg

Last edited:
My one, my only… PRS CE24. 85/15 pickups which sound fantastic in humbucked and coil-tap modes, solid maple cap, bolt-on neck, unique Royal Blue color.

It covers so much ground, sounds amazing no matter what I play through it, and it looks killer.

Attachments

PaulHudgins

My Daphne blue Partscaster....

I've had it 6 years and it is everything I wanted in a strat. I got the Daphne over Sunburst because I wanted something that looked a little wild. It's actually worn down quite a bit more since this pic was taken.

MJT body
USACG roasted maple neck
Wolfetone Pickups
SuperVee BladeRunner

I have a tele I built that I love that I have had 1.5 years or so, that is a close second.

gear1.jpg

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
1603334621721.png

I got this '72 Martin D-28S in 2007, and for 13 years it's held court. Pretty damn impressive seeing that a HD-28 and D-35 preceded it, and zero Martin D rosewoods followed it. Just nothing could take it down. And 2007 was the year I joined TGP too, and TGP gave me some bad bad GAS. I've had a Gibson '46 J-45, '36 L-00, a bunch of Hoboken-era Guilds, and custom jumbos and smallbodies too. Nothing stayed around other than this guy, and a '69 Guild F312NT because 12-string is a different beast. I know it's supposed to be from the dark ages of Martin, but it just sounds damn amazing where it's got no right to do so.

Now for electrics, I haven't really narrowed it down to my #1 yet. I've got to learn the ins and outs a bit more before I can settle down I'm thinking. But for acoustics I know what I should sound like, and the D-28S gives it to me.

Last edited:

bigben55

I only have one acoustic right now, but its safe to say its my #1, and will be for life. Its an Alvarez Yairi DY-50N "Wind River Deluxe " that i bought brand new in 1995. Its fairly beat up, but is and has been "the bar" by which I judge all other acoustics. The only acoustic I've ever played that I thought sounded way better was a 1942 Martin, a $30k guitar. Ive had other acoustics and sold them, but I would like a cutaway acoustic electric with some electronics on it.

View attachment 300638

I got this '72 Martin D-28S in 2007, and for 13 years it's held court. Pretty damn impressing seeing that a HD-28 and D-35 preceded it, and zero Martin D rosewoods followed it. Just nothing could take it down. And 2007 was the year I joined TGP too, and TGP gave me some bad bad GAS. I've had a Gibson '46 J-45, '36 L-00, a bunch of Hoboken-era Guilds, and custom jumbos and smallbodies too. Nothing stayed around other than this guy, and a '69 Guild F312NT because 12-string is a different beast. I know it's supposed to be from the dark ages of Martin, but it just sounds damn amazing where it's got no right to do so.

Now for electrics, I haven't really narrowed it down to my #1 yet. I've got to learn the ins and outs a bit more before I can settle down I'm thinking. But for acoustics I know what I should sound like, and the D-28S gives it to me.

pattste

I listen to a lot of jam bands. There's a long tradition of players in that scene having custom built instruments with the versatility (and comfort) they need to play three-hour shows with the same guitar.

My Latulippe Foxtrot, ordered in October 2018 and delivered in the summer of 2019 is that guitar for me. It is a mix of all my favorite aspects of the guitars I've owned over the years and none of the drawbacks. Bareknuckle Stormy Monday pickups, PRS-style coil splits (with resistors), Tonepro hardware, Graphtech Ratio tuners, custom fibreglass case by Main Stage of New Brunswick, Canada. The (asymmetrical) neck replicates that of my Les Paul 1960 V2 reissue that was my #1 for 7 years. I play the Foxtrot 99% of the time and the R0 is relegated to backup duties. I sold my other electrics. I also play fusion, jazz and on occasions prog rock with that same guitar.

Last edited:

Bob Pollock

Gold Supporting Member
I only have one acoustic right now, but its safe to say its my #1, and will be for life. Its an Alvarez Yairi DY-50N "Wind River Deluxe " that i bought brand new in 1995. Its fairly beat up, but is and has been "the bar" by which I judge all other acoustics. The only acoustic I've ever played that I thought sounded way better was a 1942 Martin, a $30k guitar. Ive had other acoustics and sold them, but I would like a cutaway acoustic electric with some electronics on it.
My only acoustic is a 1980 DY57S. It dismissed a Taylor. DSC02269.JPG

JBacklund

Gold Supporting Member
This might surprise the few people that may be familiar with 'my work'....but it's absolutely true.
IMG_20201021_220109986.jpg

I play my 2002 MIM Telecaster 80% of the time that I play a guitar, probably two solid hours each weekday. I've owned it for eighteen years, which is longer than I've owned any other guitar. It's original neck, tuners, and pickups have been replaced over the years. It will almost certainly always be my 'main guitar'.

#2, is my butterscotch Fender 'Player' Telecaster, which I bought several months ago. It is played probably 15% of the time. Obviously, on the right in this photo. The white Tele is kept in a standard tuning, while the butterscotch is used in an open tuning.
IMG_20200707_115131953.jpg

The other 5% of my playing time is spread randomly through several of my other 24 guitars laying around the place, many I never play at all, a handful never even plugged into an amp.
IMG_20190311_105148916.jpg

Last edited:

NikkiMac

This might surprise the few people that may be familiar with 'my work'....but it's absolutely true.
View attachment 300665

I play my 2002 MIM Telecaster 80% of the time that I play a guitar, probably two solid hours each weekday. I've owned it for eighteen years, which is longer than I've owned any other guitar. It's original neck, tuners, and pickups have been replaced over the years. It will almost certainly always be my 'main guitar'.

#2, is my butterscotch Fender 'Player' Telecaster, which I bought several months ago. It is played probably 15% of the time. Obviously, on the right in this photo. The white Tele is kept in a standard tuning, while the butterscotch is used in an open tuning.
View attachment 300666

The other 5% of my playing time is spread randomly through several of my other 24 guitars laying around the place, many I never play at all, a handful never even plugged into an amp.
View attachment 300668
What happened to the "Fender" logo on the MIM 2002? and hows the neck feel difference between the two teles? What pickups u got in there now?

Trending Topics