• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Your #1

C-4

The guitar in my avatar and my 60th Anny custom shop LP Standard are my equal # 1's.

Relicula

Silver Supporting Member
I usually say I don't really have a #1, but since getting this ES-355, a month or so ago, I really feel like I actually have a favorite.

Damn!!!

Your killing me here, I tried to flip a couple guitars to buy your black LP , but couldn’t flip them in time. Congrats on this 355 it’s killer!

Mad Wombat

Since 2015, Ron Kirn Signature S-Type. I told him my specs, and he made it just right. I play others sometimes, but I soon get a craving to pick this up again. It just feels right, and sounds awesome, especially with some OD into my HR Deville.
It seems like the best vintage instrument with some modern features (Wilkinson bridge, compound radius neck, locking tuners), and Ron's pickups. I love how the nitro has yellowed, changing it from a cobalt blue to this green. Better looking now than when it was new, IMHO.
I'll never willingly part with it.
DSC_1126.JPG

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
I'm curious.
-what is it?
-how long have you had it?
-how many other guitars have tried to take the crown over the years?

I'll start.
-1994 G&L Legacy
-bought it used in 1998
-at least 20 other guitars. 2 have come close; i still own and love both View attachment 300523
I had a 90s Legacy (93?) and a couple of newer ones. Those 90s models definitely have something special going on. Amazing guitars.
The later models that I had just seemed to be lacking.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
When I was gigging my Carvin DC600 was my #1. AMAZING guitar. Total swiss army Kife. Can get roaring rock tones, sweet bluesy tones, strat quack tones, 80s clean pop tones, country twang etc etc. Floyd rose with a D-Tuna. Stainless Steel frets, fast neck. This is all I needed to cover any type of music.

Now that I'm not gigging I gravitate towards playing my Les Paul Classic Lite when I'm sitting around on the couch. Typical Les Paul Classic but with a much thinner body. Also has Stainless Steel frets.

morleyman

My "#1" is always in flux -- currently tied between these two:

Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow with Dimarzio Air Classics

Agile Geodesic Pro 625 with Fishman Fluence Moderns:

Nice EB. I love Dimarzio AirClassics, that thing must sound killer.

My 2018 Standard

I've only had it since May (I had sold off all my gear and stopped playing for a year, started getting back into it at the beginning of this year). It's probably my favorite guitar ever. My previous number one was an Am. deluxe tele that was also spectacular. I picked up an avri '55 tele this year as well and it's awesome but I grab this guy more than anything else

bigben55

Ive had some newer ones as well, and USA Fenders, and nothing comes close for me. Ive played some real deal vintage 5-figure strats, and still haven't played one i like more. I haven't even WANTED another strat for like 20 years.(teles though, different story!) They truly ARE special guitars. I'd love to find the right deal on a nice 3 bolt Legacy Special.

Besides some cosmetics, mine got a stainless refret, bone nut, the bridge pickup got swapped out for a Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Blues, volume pot replaced, and I put a mini toggle/expander switch in for add'l pickup combinations. Its better now than it's ever been.

I had a 90s Legacy (93?) and a couple of newer ones. Those 90s models definitely have something special going on. Amazing guitars.
The later models that I had just seemed to be lacking.

Trending Topics