• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • Our current dedicated servers have done their job for a number of years but it is time to upgrade the hosting to new hardware. The change over will happen tonight.

Your #1

Mad Wombat

Follow up questions....
-how many of your #1's ARE your most valuable guitar that you own?
-how many of your #1's are your best looking/most attractive guitar?
Most valuable? As far as what I paid at the time, yes. What I could resell for, I have no idea. I don't know what resale prices are like for these, and I have a couple of big name guitars that might demand more. I'd never sell it anyway.

Most attractive? Hard to say. They all have something. I do like looking at it, plus I associate it with enjoyable playing.

bossaddict

Gold Supporting Member
Follow up questions....
-how many of your #1's ARE your most valuable guitar that you own?
-how many of your #1's are your best looking/most attractive guitar?
Yes to most valuable. Debatable (probably not, IMO) on most attractive.

TVvoodoo

Mad Strappier
I think to myself I should upgrade to the real deal, then I Townsend an A chord, and this Stellar talks me out of it every time.

Weirdest thing. I actually prefer to play strats and contoured teles overall, but this clone draws me back and makes me forget 'em like a bad girlfriend.

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
My current number one is my PRS CE-24. It's a 2016 model that I bought used/mint 2.5 years ago. It is my most expensive guitar as well as most attractive (sold flame maple top). It's also the easiest to play and sounds the best.

Over the years I've had maybe 50 guitars? This is easily my favorite of any of them. There's never been a point where I disliked something about it which I can't say for any other guitar. It's just very clearly been my favorite since day one.

I have swapped pickups in it a number of times, but they always sound good in there even though they might not in other guitars.

Probably the only way I'd get a guitar I like more would be to get a Core Custom 24 or something like that. Even then, I think I'd still really love this thing.

Freedom

I've got two #1's so...

On paper, they are almost identical (same models, same modifications, same upgrades, materials, components etc.) except for the pickups. Although the setup is almost identical the playability is a little bit different (each has it's own little quirks) but these are the only guitars I play the last 12 years or so, they are just tailored to my needs so in a way they are my signature guitars (well, the "cheap" version, if I had the money to build two guitars from scratch they would be a little bit different like 10-20% smaller body, contoured heel etc.).

The last couple of months I pick the white more, just because of the sound.

Last edited:

JB6464

My #1 and nothing has touched it yet .
Built this Super Tele Deluxe as a project and it plays better than my PRS and Gibson's I've owned and I have about grand in it .
Warmoth Mahogany body with Quilted maple top dyed in Teal .
Performance neck from Hollywood is maple with Ebony fretboard , 6105 frets and 1 3/4" nut .

gkoelling

This one. There are times this one makes me feel so good I sit here laughing while I play it. I put it together maybe 10 years ago and it instantly went to the head of the line. The arthritis in my hands was making playing a challenge and I recently put another "T" with humbuckers in it together. Same neck, same pain so I tried an Allparts TRO-FAT neck in it and the comfort level shot back up. It worked so well that I bought another and put it on #1.

This thing is a featherweight, the bridge pickup is fat n' nasty and gets me into humbucker territory.
IMG_20200105_132521806_BURST000_COVER by Greg Koelling, on Flickr

Once in a while I get the urge to swap the Strat pickup out for a humbucker (it's already routed) but then plug it in and realize it's done, no more mods.

Oinkus

I would think it is the most valuable and not the prettiest. I certainly have a lot more money into various partscaster builds but you can't sell those for the price of the parts.

howdy-doo

It's been recently complicated but generally my Strat;

However I bought a 2020 Les Paul 50s Standard the other day and whilst it's very much still honeymoon phase I haven't wanted to grab any other guitar since getting it so maybe the LP is the new #1...

Last edited:

HesNot

Silver Supporting Member
Currently my number 1 is a PRS cu22 semi special. Rings like a bell, very resonant and the pickup options are all great sounding and usable. It just covers a lot of bases for me in my current band situation. Plus it's light and comfortable to play all night long.

5B7CAAEF-3BEB-49CD-B28D-A7C39E38DFEB_1_105_c.jpeg

R.T.

First off... You guys have great guitars and great taste. Well done.

I own three electric guitars. Two of them compete for #1 at all times while one is relegated to permanent #3. Right now:

#1 2018 Gretsch G6228 (In 2018 I sold all of my guitars except one and bought this. It's mostly been #1 since, especially for live use, but the tele below is has probably been played the most at home this past year.)
IMG-0741.jpg

#2 2017 Fender American Pro. Tele (Picked this up last year after selling a vehicle and had the extra fun(d). Been loving it. Only got to play it out a few times due to COVID but can't put it down at home.)
IMG-0737.JPG

#3 is my 1998 Fender American Standard Strat that I got back in college, had it for years and have put it to good use live and recording but never really bonded with it. Occasionally get fired up about it but it's always short lived and I go back to the tele for single coil stuff.... Poor guy. Left the thumbnail in case anyone wanted to see it, but I know this thread isn't about #3s.... :)

Attachments

JJ321

This guitar is easily my #1. It's a Warmoth ash body that I routed for a humbucker with a rattle can paint job. The neck is a Musikraft, medium "C", roasted maple that feels like it was made for my hand. The pickups in it are a Manlius Asphalt in the bridge and T90 in the neck.

Trending Topics