Your 2016 music highlights?

Serenity

What have been some of your musical highlights this year?

For me, it has to be the reformed Guns n' Roses. I've waited over 20 years for this and really didn't think it was ever going to happen. Yeah, they don't have Izzy, but they do appear to be back on fine form, and i'm really looking forward to seeing them when the reach the UK.

Temple Of The Dog playing shows has to be a close second. Unless they decide on a world tour i'm unlikely to see them, but it has been great seeing some of the video footage of the shows.

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR to ya'll. :)

CaptainLou426

Temple Of The Dog playing shows has to be a close second. Unless they decide on a world tour i'm unlikely to see them, but it has been great seeing some of the video footage of the shows.

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR to ya'll. :)
Damn. I wasn't aware of the Temple of the Dog shows. That's awesome.

Marc Roy

Seeing Gov't Mule live for the first time. Been a fan going on 20 years. And yes, they put on a hell of a show.

Saw these guys live:
- Black Sabbath (2nd time with the reformed band). They always bring it, even if Ozzy blew out his voice and Tony seemed a bit tuckered out.
- Iron Maiden. Great concert, they all seemed to be having fun. Dave Murray with a Les Paul at various times! And Janick with an Epiphone Les Paul for some reason...
- Joe Bonamassa. Amazing concert; when he played the Albert King material I got chills. Awesome, in my top 5 concerts ever.

Also the passing of various legends has sent me back into my collection to re-appreciate their material. Motorhead, Bowie, Leonard Cohen...even a bit of Status Quo. It sucks that they died of course.

Misterbulbous

Saw Guns and Roses in Cincy, which was killer. Lot of really good thrash albums out this year. Digging all the music blogs, tune in, MixCloud, etc...so much good/new music out there which is completely ignored by commercial radio. Makes me sad.

voorhiessa

Silver Supporting Member
Did a musical reset with some fun rules:

-one CD per month
-new artist (to me)
-not a greatest hits
-one album only

Been a blast so far....rejuvenated my interest in music. I got burned out on music from my youth a decade ago and have listened to practically nothing before the reset.

5734eb15561cd.image.jpg

Listening to this album over and over and over and over again.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom