• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Your 5 Favorite Guitarists!?

SlumFrog

1. Jerry Cantrell
  2. Tony Iommi
  3. Bruce Franklin
  4. Josh Homme
  5. Ed Mundell
Doesn't have to be who you think is the most talented, just who your favorites are or who has inspired you the most. & I know its damn hard to narrow it down to 5. You can throw some honorable mentions

(Ritchie Blackmore, Angus Young, Kurt Cobain, Rick Wartell, Eddie Glass, Robby Krieger, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Buzz Osborne, Ben Hoare, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, EVH, Randy Rhoads, Greg Anderson, Adam Jones, Wino Weinrich, Kim Thayil, Matt Pike, Tommi Holappa, Mappe Bjorkman, David Gilmour)

Last edited:

Kurt L

In no particular order, Garcia/Weir (counts as one!), Jimmy Page, Alex Lifeson, Eric Johnson, David Grissom (fortunate to live in Austin, have seen the last two LOTS over the years.)

Honorable mentions (or an equally great second top 5) - Guy Forsyth, Jorma Kaukonen (just saw him last week!), John Butler, John Lee Hooker, Lennon/Harrison/McCartney (also counts as one!)

Maruuk

Abercrombie, Kottke, McCracken, Eubanks, Reinhardt. And Christian if there was 6. And ok, Annie Clark, but only because I'm in love with her.

dwk302

BB King
Slash
SRV
Johnny Greenwood
David Gilmour
Duane Allman

That's 6. I know. So what. "You wanna fight about it?"

Dereksslide

Very difficult to pick to be honest so I'll go with the guys whose music I listen to the most.

Martin Simpson
Kelly Joe Phelps
Chris Rea
Nils Lofgren
Warren Haynes

hendrik7

andy timmons
joe bonamassa

Edit: How could I forget!?!...
Mark Tremonti

and that dude from mile seven!

Last edited:

StratoCraig

There are too many fine choices to limit it to five, but here goes...

Jimi Hendrix
Jeff Beck
Robert Fripp
Ritchie Blackmore
Duane Allman/Dickey Betts

... and Charlie Christian, B.B. King, Hubert Sumlin, David Torn, Marc Ribot, Jimmy Page, Martin Barre, Mark Knopfler, Eric Clapton (pre-1970), Perry/Whitford, Garcia/Weir, Verlaine/Lloyd... and all the others whose names aren't crossing my mind right now but who I will remember in a few minutes and kick myself for not mentioning...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom